At Index Exchange, Engineering is the foundation of everything we do. Over the past 2 years we’ve made a tremendous investment in our Engineering teams - in that span we've quadrupled our total Engineering headcount and cemented ourselves as one of Canada’s leading ad tech companies.
We’re looking for an Engineering Lead to join the team and help us continue to scale. Leadership entails a nuanced understanding of the challenges and roadblocks faced by our development teams as they progress through projects. A successful Engineering lead is someone who has experienced those hurdles first-hand and offers both guidance and technical expertise to enable the development of cutting-edge technologies.The ideal candidate will have experience in highly-available production systems. You will coordinate with Engineers to provide solutions. We’ve gathered exceptional talent on this team and your ability to offer both guidance and technical expertise to enable the development of fellow team members is a huge plus. You will also be asked to be a key part of the hiring process, giving opinions not only on candidates but on how we can shape a better and more relevant process for finding the best talent.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what we want:
- Leader : We need someone who can lead by example, inspire, and make our Engineers better. Communicate clearly and concisely to implement best practices and processes to ensure that all Engineers are on the same page. Help them understand the 'why'.
- Technical : A strong foundation in operations and software development and great problem solving skills and building solutions (including CI/CD, real-time monitoring, production issues, etc.). Promote a culture of innovation that shares technology effectively and responsibly; you will refine and embody a cross-functional Engineering culture that works for all departments, encouraging knowledge transfer and professional growth.
- Ownership : We want you to lead your team, celebrate successes and own the failures. In this role you’ll identify and manage technical risks and opportunities, taking responsibility for the quality of technical deliverables and the team’s overall performance.
Here’s What You have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 2-3 years as a direct mentor of 5-10 person teams
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance
- A passion for cutting edge technologies, leading teams and nurturing talent amongst
- Knowledge of contemporary development practices, DevOps practices, Agile
methodologies and technologies is key
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Utilize your understanding of DevOps methodologies and design patterns to positively impact the development, deployment, and introspection processes
- Seize upon your experience and knowledge to help guide and mentor colleagues
- Write code in Go, Python, Bash, and Perl to create automation tools
- Build on your basic Ops tool kit including tech like Ansible, GitLab CI, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, and Grafana
- Working with Big Data tools including Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, and HBass
- Troubleshoot and fix problems with build and deployment automation
Why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate the diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.