Index Exchange is seeking a Community & Internal Events Coordinator to plan and execute internal event initiatives across our global markets. This position will sit in our Toronto office and will report directly to our Manager, Community. This position is responsible for internal event strategy, operations, management and production for our offices worldwide. In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have exceptional attention to detail, organizational & multitasking skills, the ability to manage demands under pressure, demonstrate excellent communication skills, and have experience managing events from inception to completion.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Planning, development and execution of all global internal events including but not limited to:
- Team Events, Outings & Offsite Meetings
- Seasonal Engagements and Holiday Parties
- Internal Meetings & Events
- Community-led Programs & Initiatives
- Manage yearly calendar for all upcoming internal events
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications Team and People Team on all materials, planning, and event execution
- Work closely with Index Exchange leaders to organize all global internal events and team gatherings
- Have an understanding and proficiency of the Index Exchange brand in various markets and can make informed decisions based on specific market idiosyncrasies
- Support our Corporate Social Responsibility programming
- Play an active role in supporting events and initiatives by our IX affinity groups
Here's what we're looking for:
- BA/BS degree preferably in marketing, communications, or related field
- 2-4 years of events experience required with marketing or community team experience preferred
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration as well as the ability to work directly with vendors and internal partners
- Ability to multitask while maintaining an a high attention to detail
- Strong time management skills, more specifically the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong internal customer service and collaboration skills to understand and act on the interests of stakeholders and partners
- Diligent work ethic; must be self-motivated and take a proactive approach to work schedule
- Familiarity with the digital media marketplace and programmatic advertising would be an asset but not required
Why you’ll love working here:
- A bright and inviting shared office space in Downtown Toronto easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Annual celebrations (Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- 100% coverage for health and dental benefits, 12 incidental sick days per year, 5% RRSP matching, and monthly gym subsidy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.