Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Analytics, the Senior Analyst, FP&A will support and drive objectives of the Corporate Analytics, ensuring senior leadership teams and business partners receive relevant data-driven analytics to empower short and long-term business planning and strategies.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Business, Strategy and Tactical Responsibilities:
- Extensive financial modeling including sensitivity analysis to support potential investment opportunities;
- Experience analyzing funds, companies, and industries from an investment perspective;
- Interface regularly with senior leadership teams and business partners, providing business related analysis and guidance;
- Engage with project partners, financial institutions and consultants on matters related to the financial performance of the company and its investments;
- Develop and help implement strategies for initiatives to increase revenue, improve operations, strengthen financial controls, and increase shareholder value;
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships, in order to solve complex problems with simple and scalable solutions;
- Report monthly financial and non-financial performance of IX operations to senior leadership; and
- Project manage operational initiatives, measuring progress and driving accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or a similar quantitative discipline combined with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience performing the responsibilities outlined above, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- 2-3 years working on company valuation models in private equity, valuations organization or investment bank with a focus on technology would be preferred;
- Strong oral and written English communication skills, proficiency in other languages would be an asset;
- Superior attention to detail including the ability to review the work of team members;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, experience with NetSuite, Domo, and similar tools is considered an asset;
- Strong analytical mind and a keen interest in conducting research, interpreting data and translating to insights for various audiences;
- Comfort with ambiguity and a self-starter with an aptitude for defining and directing new processes; and
- Natural ability to articulate, present and tell a compelling story using data and data-driven insights as a foundation.
- This position may require global travel on an infrequent basis based on business requirements.
Why you’ll love working here:
- A bright and inviting shared office space in Downtown Toronto easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Annual celebrations (Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- 100% coverage for health and dental benefits, 12 incidental sick days per year, 5% RRSP matching, and monthly gym subsidy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.