Index Exchange (IX) is looking for a motivated, ambitious Senior Product Manager to drive the strategy, roadmap & engineering build for our Publisher & Buyer application platform.
The application is where customers “meet” the exchange. Everything ranging from the experience they have, the features and controls they can access from it, and how extensible it is for other teams to build upon is critical - and we’re looking for the right person to bring it all together.
You’ll work with a cast of highly talented PMs, who’ve joined us from companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo!, and eBay, to build the product roadmaps that will elevate IX to its next growth level. You’ll be supported by commercial, engineering, and design teams from our offices around the world to deliver on a strategy that supports the needs of a fast-growing business in a rapidly evolving industry.
If being nimble and innovative sounds like fun, and you like the idea of squaring off against the ad tech giants with a more transparent and democratic approach, then this is the role for you!
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Product Sense: We think of Product as the engine that drives our company’s growth. You have solid product intuition. You’ve taken multiple great ideas from conception to market launch to bottom-line business impact. Having lived (and learned) through a few failures is good too.
- Technical: You thrive on figuring out complex systems and marketplaces, identifying opportunities to simplify and improve them, and working with Engineering to make it a reality. You love working at Internet scale, and you understand how even small adjustments can have massive impact when applied across billions of users and transactions.
- Collaborative: You’re a natural leader who can rally people across Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales & Services into a high-functioning delivery team. You are well-organized and delivery oriented. You can work with Project Management to herd cats and guide an Agile team through delivery against a stack ranked set of priorities.
- Data Driven: You make significant decisions based on real data, and you use it to convince others that you’re right, because how else would you do it? You’re great at analysis and visualization, and you not only pronounce SQL the right way, but you know how to use it.
- Customer Focused: You love speaking with customers: from world-leading publishers to advertisers and agencies, you’re excited to help them grow their revenue and build a thriving digital ads marketplace.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Working with publishers, buyers, and teams across IX globally to shape the experiences users have when they use our application to interact with our exchange
- Working with engineering teams across the organization to design a flexible, usable platform core that teams can independently build upon
- Understand their needs and priorities, and decide which ones we should address, owning the roadmap and the research behind it
- Using your best judgement and intuition to make the right decisions, even when the data is imperfect. This includes saying “NO” to good ideas that simply won’t win
- Creating product roadmaps to set both internal and external expectations about the path we’re taking for this product and what customers can expect
- Collaborating with Design and Engineering to deliver high-quality products and features on time
- Partnering with customer service teams to ensure that whatever we build is usable and supportable by our clients
Here’s what you have:
- B.Sc./B.Eng. in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, or Business. We mostly care about your experience in building and releasing great products & features.
- Minimum of 4 years of Product Management experience, with experience in building user-facing experiences, tools & services for a variety of customer types
- A love of working on the backend and the frontend: data APIs are just as important as navigation patterns
- A track record of successful launches, in collaboration with numerous internal/external stakeholders. Some failed launches that you’ve learned from are good too!
- Flexibility for some occasional travel when it's eventually safe for employees to do so.
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- The bar for talent is very high at IX. We’ve hired an exceptional team, with experts from across the ad tech industry, who you’ll love working with and learning from.
- Excellent healthcare benefits (health, dental, and vision) at NO expense to employees
- Other competitive benefits, including 401(K), maternity/paternity leave, and a fantastic vacation policy
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.