We are looking for a Data Center Technician to join Index Exchange. We have 11 data centers around the globe housing over 7,000 servers. The primary focus of this role will be as a member of the team that installs and configures new machines as well as maintains existing machines and the networks for our 3 data centers located in the Toronto area. You will be based out of our North York office.
You may be required to travel to one of our other data centers to assist in the installation and configuration of new machines as well as the maintenance of existing machines and the networks. You may also be asked to assist the IT team to provide end-user support at any time you are not occupied at a data center.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years in a similar function with time spent in data centers. A solid understanding of network architecture and practices along with a good knowledge of Linux are requirements. You will also need to be comfortable with both Mac and Windows operating systems. Familiarity with Cisco CLIs is a plus. A valid passport and ability to travel to other countries is required as well as the ability to lift 75+ pounds.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what we want:
- Clean: You maintain an impeccable level of cleanliness and organization. Watch this video to see how serious we take this
- Problem Solver: No problem too complex/simple for you to help solve - you can approach a problem from different angles and work with other IX employees collaboratively to get things done
- Adaptable: You will work with other teams, often remotely, to identify and resolve issues quickly. You may also be traveling to data centers to assemble, configure and prepare new hardware as well as install, upgrade and maintain existing hardware
- A solid understanding of network architecture and practices. Familiarity with Cisco CLIs is a plus
- Configuration of machines: solid knowledge of Linux, Windows 10 and Apple Workstations
- Competency: In the repair and maintenance of server and workstation hardware
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Rack, cable and configure Linux-based servers and other network hardware
- Test, analyze and repair defective servers
- Assist in the diagnosing, troubleshoot and escalate any problems internally and externally
- Set standards of excellence for all data center operations
- Maintain impeccable documentation around our data center configuration
- Configuring workstations for new users and troubleshooting IT issues as needed
Why you’ll love working here:
- A bright and inviting shared office space in Downtown Toronto easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Annual celebrations (Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- 100% coverage for health and dental benefits, 12 incidental sick days per year, 5% RRSP matching, and monthly gym subsidy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.