Our Product Design team at Index Exchange is a close-knit, collaborative group that crafts experiences to make ad tech easier. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we discover needs and solve fundamental problems that impact the way people experience our products. The Product Design team creates an understanding of our customers, external users, and internal users. We’re looking to hire a Senior Product Designer who is passionate about design, technology, and finding better ways to bring people together in our community.
As a Senior Product Designer at Index Exchange, you will be highly involved in the product development process in order to deliver high-quality experiences for our users. You will help to define a vision for our new web application, build our design system, and design new products while helping your team work iteratively towards these goals. You will define the problem, interpret product requirements, and understand the needs of our users while shipping high-quality designs and quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Build strong relationships and influence inside and outside your core product team to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed
- Advocate for good user experience across our platform by representing our users in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Contribute to design vision and strategy, ensuring consistency, generating buy-in and operationalizing the strategy across larger teams and timelines
- Deliver, review, and critique the designs of a multi-skilled design team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, supreme visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of patterns, voice and tone, etc)
- Contribute to a growing Design Research Program using both quantitative and qualitative research methods to inform your design decisions
Here's what you have:
- 3+ years of experience in the digital product space with experience designing and shipping product design experiences
- Previous experience owning and executing on UX designs through collaborative decision making with product managers, developers, and other disciplines
- Experience designing responsive web applications and understanding how to apply both form and function while maintaining simplicity
- Fluency in prototyping, modern web technologies and front-end development to understand the technical constraints of design
- Proficiency with industry-standard tools and software like Sketch, InVision, Abstract, and good ol’ pen and paper to define work at low and high fidelity
- Familiarity with Google’s Material Design an asset but not required
Why you’ll love working here:
- A bright and inviting shared office space in Downtown Toronto easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Annual celebrations (Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- 100% coverage for health and dental benefits, 12 incidental sick days per year, 5% RRSP matching, and monthly gym subsidy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.