Index Exchange is looking for an Assistant Controller to join our growing team. This role reports directly to the Corporate Controller and will manage the financial reporting, accounting, tax and treasury functions for the company, including all international operations. As a part of the role, you will also be responsible for enhancing the culture of financial accountability throughout the organization, structuring a robust control environment, which will spearhead the company’s initiative towards SOX compliance, and ensuring tax and treasury compliance and optimization.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what we want:
- CPA designation
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- 5+ years of progressive financial reporting leadership experience in a high-growth, public company with international operations
- Extensive knowledge of and skill in applying accounting, management, and internal control practices
- Ability to lead, mentor and motivate a team with exceptional communication skills
- Excellent collaborative problem solving skills with an ability to implement solutions
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on quality
- Demonstrated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading and mentoring the accounting team at Index Exchange
- Overseeing the accounting for all foreign divisions through the management of third party accounting partners
- Partnering with the FP&A team to drive business improvements, deliver management reporting, and completing budgets and forecast
- Oversee the consolidation of the corporate financial statements (for all global entities), including supporting schedules and note disclosures in accordance with IFRS
- Accountable for continuously assessing risks relating to financial reporting and ensuring the appropriate internal controls are implemented to mitigate key risk areas and are regularly monitored for effectiveness
- Manage the planned transition from reporting in ASPE to IFRS, including identifying areas for policy choices, drafting/reviewing position papers, and corresponding with external auditors to achieve consensus on key decisions
- Continuously drive efficiencies in accounting process to take time out of the close cycle
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with IFRS, SOX and other applicable federal, state or provincial, and local regulatory laws
- Manage cashflow, including working capital management and oversee the treasury function (debt management of the revolver)
- Oversee global tax compliance and tax returns working with our external tax specialists to ensure compliance in all jurisdictions and to optimize tax exposure at a federal and state level
- Lead the optimization of accounting and expense management systems to drive efficiency and effectiveness in the reporting of financial information
- Manage the annual audit and external auditors
Why you’ll love working here:
- A bright and inviting shared office space in Downtown Toronto easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Annual celebrations (Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- 100% coverage for health and dental benefits, 12 incidental sick days per year, 5% RRSP matching, and monthly gym subsidy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.