Our New York office is growing and we’re looking for a sales Director of Buyer Development. In this role you will be responsible for the management and cultivation of business relationships with a portfolio of Agencies. You will need to provide marketplace guidance and ensure opportunities are being communicated through both a business and operational lens.
You will be a core part of our New York office and work alongside our other teams throughout North America. The role is a combination of hunter and farmer, though most of your attention will be on the development of new business. You will be expected to thrive in a highly technical environment and have a much higher degree of technical proficiency than would normally be expected. This role may require moderate travel within North America (San Francisco, Toronto, etc.).
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
- You can convey complex systems and technology in simple to understand terms
- You’re a very organized, self-starter, and are your own “best” critic
- Can convert warm relationships into customer friendships
- You are a consultative seller focused on solving your customers business needs
- You have the rare balance of creative problem solver and detail oriented
- You have a deep understanding of programmatic advertising and our ecoystem
- You have 3 to 4 years’ experience in digital media advertising, and 1 to 2 years in sales.
- You have experience working with advertiser agencies either from the inside or from a selling perspective
The Job Specifics:
- You will manage a portfolio of agency relationships – mostly organized by holding company.
- Evangelize the value of our offerings with agency leaders and Trading team managers.
- Run education sessions with large agency teams on key trends effecting our industry (what happens after the death of the cookie, header bidding basics, etc.).
- Communicate the value of our SPO programs with traders and their leadership, drive behavioral change that results in more media purchased through Index Exchange.
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.