Index Exchange (IX) advertising exchange handles billions of auctions and generates terabytes of auction-related information every day. Our team builds solutions to manage this vast amount of data and make it accessible for our customers and financial teams. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is eager to demonstrate leadership and technical acumen, who writes quality code and enjoys offering guidance, mentorship and direction to their teams.
Working with exciting technologies, our team will experiment with new tools and engineer innovative approaches to solve interesting challenges. Things shift very quickly in our industry, and we rely on our Engineering teams to keep IX and our clients ahead of the curve and moving in the right direction. We’re looking for an Engineer who has experience in an Agile environment, who can drive innovation, and be a technical leader on our team.
Here’s what we want:
- Problem Solver: You are curious, and love exploring multiple approaches to find the most efficient, scalable solution and solve a problem
- Collaborative: You work well with other people
- Passionate: You have a passion for the latest trends and developments constantly researching new tools and technologies
- Self-starter: You are comfortable helping your team get things done
- Leadership: You can mentor the team on the design, and implementation of our solutions
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Designing, writing, and testing robust and reliable code
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements
- Identify and assess potential solutions for technical and business suitability
- Analyzing and estimating work in an agile environment
- Guide and mentor team members
You may or may not tick off every box, and that’s okay. Each person brings a different background and different skills. If you think you are a good match for what we are looking for tell us why, and tell us what you are doing to improve yourself and we’ll see what we can do to help!
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of work experience as a Software Engineer
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization
- Experience designing, writing and testing high quality clean back-end server-side code in a large and scalable deployment environment
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency in any of the following programming languages and technologies: Golang,Java, Perl, and Python
- Understanding of data concept such as data warehousing, RDBMs, SQL and/or No SQL systems
- Familiar with CI/CD, containerization, and virtualization tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience working with following data related systems is a plus: Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Vertica, Mysql
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient and scalable platforms is an asset
- Experience of API,UI, and financial numerical methods development is an asset
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown Toronto office with easy transit access
- Flexible hours and relaxed dress code
- Excellent family benefits at a family focused company
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Free snacks, drinks, and lunch catered on Fridays
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Full family healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships and more
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to people with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).