At Index Exchange, Engineering is the foundation of everything we do. Over the past 2 years we’ve made a tremendous investment in our Engineering teams - in that span we've quadrupled our total Engineering headcount and cemented ourselves as one of the world’s leading ad tech companies. We’re looking for an Engineering Lead to join the team and help us continue to scale the growth of our Engineering teams. This role will be heavily focused on design, architecting projects that your teams are working on to ensure a high quality product that delivers the needed business outcomes. Technical leadership entails a nuanced understanding of the challenges and roadblocks faced by our development teams as they progress through projects. We are excited to see this role offer both guidance and technical expertise to enable the development of cutting-edge technologies. The ability to be a hands on player/coach and mentor talent of all levels is very important as your role directly impacts the acceleration of the growth of talent within our organization. You will also be asked to be a key part of the hiring process, giving opinions not only on candidates but on how we can shape a better and more relevant process for finding the best talent.
Here’s what we want:
- Mentor: Your foremost responsibility is to inspire and help your team deliver excellence. We need someone who can lead by example and make our Engineers better. Communicate clearly and concisely to implement best practices and processes to ensure that all Engineers are on the same page. Help them understand the 'why'.
- Technical: Through deep understanding of our business needs you will work with your teams to achieve desired success factors. You will perform technical assessments on high level business objectives to help design solutions and bootstrap teams on projects by working hands on with our Engineering and Product Management teams. You will need to have a strong foundation in software development and great problem solving skills. You will promote a culture of innovation that shares technology effectively and responsibly; you will refine and embody a cross-functional Engineering culture that works for all departments, encouraging knowledge transfer and professional growth.
- Ownership: We want you to partner with other members of Engineering and Product Leadership to lead your teams, celebrate successes and own the failures. In this role you’ll identify and manage technical risks and opportunities, taking responsibility for the quality of technical deliverables and the team’s overall performance.
Here’s what you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 2-3 years in a mentoring role in a technology organization
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization
- A passion for cutting edge technologies, leading and nurturing talent amongst your team
- Knowledge of contemporary development practices, Agile methodologies and technologies is key
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- You’ll get to build the culture for a fast-moving team, which is receiving tons of investment and support from across the whole company.
- The bar for talent is very high at IX. We’ve hired an exceptionally good team, with experts from across the ad tech industry, whom you’ll love working with and learning from.
- Excellent healthcare benefits (health, dental, and vision) at NO expense to employees
- $50 dollar monthly allowance to the gym/health club of your choice
- Other competitive benefits, including 401(K), maternity/paternity leave, and a fantastic vacation policy