Index Exchange (IX) is looking for a Buyer Development Director with outstanding ad technology, leadership and consultation skills to join our growing European team. The role is based in Düsseldorf and will require frequent travel throughout Germany, and occasional travel to the UK and North America. The IX Buyer Development team provides agencies, trading desks, and advertisers with crucial insights into market developments and ensures that buyers have access to our publishers’ inventory via their preferred method. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging with buy side partners in Germany. You will be crucial to maintaining and furthering existing relationships, whilst building new relationships in an effort to grow new accounts and evangelize the IX brand.
This role will be partly driven by revenue attainment, but with a strong emphasis on providing consultative services to our buyers, so you will have to be comfortable with delivering educational sessions. You will be expected to thrive in a highly technical environment and have a much higher degree of technical proficiency than for your average role - prior exposure to programmatic terminology and trends will go a long way to setting you up for success. You should also expect occasional travel to the UK and North America, in order to bolster your ties with our London and New York based Demand teams.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what we want:
- Strategic: IX values partnerships and offering strategic insights to the agencies and marketers who leverage our exchange. We want you to provide insights and recommendations to our external stakeholders around the programmatic ecosystem as a whole
- Collaborative: In order to retain and maintain our growing agency accounts, you will work cross-functionally with analytics and publisher teams, and become a subject matter expert on the performance and growth of our partners
- Communicative: You will be working with a number of clients at any given time and expected to communicate effectively, and often, both internally and externally. This is a highly visible, client facing role, where building trusted relationships with agencies and marketers is essential to success
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Become the day to day contact for agencies, brands, and their associated programmatic Trading Desks, based in Germany
- Manage relationships with buyers to provide marketplace guidance, revenue growth potential, partnership expansion, and ensure opportunities are being communicated through both a business and operational lens and across organizational lines
- Source new partnerships, identify new sources of Demand and align the needs of German based buyers with the IX unique selling points
- Oversee financial reporting requirements and hold quarterly business reviews with key stakeholders
- Work with the Index Publisher team to drive Private Marketplace (PMP) activity and raise awareness of the opportunities made available by our premium publishers
- Collaborate with the IX Product team to assist in future product development and strategic planning
Here’s what you have:
- 4-5 years of experience in digital media, and an in depth understanding of the programmatic advertising landscape (e.g. ad server, ad network, exchange, SSP, DSP, agency trading desk, PMP, etc.)
- An excellent understanding and in-depth knowledge of the German buy side market, as well as a comprehensive book of buy side contacts that you will be able to call upon from the outset
- Native fluency in German, and fluency in English, is required. Other language skills would be considered a bonus
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.