Index Exchange Inc. (“IX”) is a rapidly growing advertising technology company. Headquartered in downtown Toronto, we have offices in 13 cities worldwide (London, Paris, Milan, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo etc.). Winner of Deloitte’s “2019 Enterprise Fast 15” Award, we’re a novelty. Privately held and profitable, there aren’t many tech start-ups like us. IX is a company with a lot of energy, limitless ambition and an uncommon commitment to humility. We work hard; we work smart; we care about what we do, and we care about each other.
We’re looking for a Junior Lawyer who will report to the Associate General Counsel. This role is for someone who’s hungry: hungry for opportunity, hungry to learn new things and hungry to be part of this company’s exponential growth. This is a busy role that will ask a lot but deliver more. We need someone with solid contract drafting skills, a great personality and a lot of common sense. Most importantly, we need someone who will build meaningful relationships with our team, our business partners and external stakeholders.
There are three pillars to this role; the core deliverables under each pillar include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements for the provision of IX’s services both from templates and from scratch.
- Liaising with external counsel to assist with contract negotiations worldwide.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with IX’s product and sales teams to ensure contracts align with both product capabilities and business terms.
- Working with senior management as a ‘legal stakeholder’ on strategic projects to help lead change at IX (i.e. opening new offices, finance driven projects, etc.).
- Supporting the Associate General Counsel by identifying and helping to mitigate risks.
- Serving as an internal expert for corporate/commercial related issues, working closely with external counsel as required.
- Evaluating templates, processes and contractual positions to ensure we’re: (a) optimizing our workflows; and (b) living into our corporate values.
- Suggesting projects of interest to support our expanding business.
- Considering next steps to allow for nimble adjustments to evolving business models.
Who You Are:
Passionate, curious and ambitious, we want someone eager to enjoy the momentum a fast-moving company offers. More than anything, we need someone authentic – we want to know you, what you stand for, how you approach things and why. There are also some important credentials; you must:
- Hold an LLB/JD degree from a recognized university;
- Have 2-4 years’ experience practicing corporate/commercial law, with a focus on contract negotiation; and
- Be a member in good standing with the Ontario or New York bar.
- Experience in the digital advertising or technology industries is an asset but not a requirement.
Why We’re a Match:
If you think creatively, focusing on solutions instead of barriers, we’re a match. If your business sense is practical but your legal standards are uncompromising, we’re a match. If you have a great sense of humour and a tenacious work ethic, we’re a match. We look forward to hearing from you!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).