Index Exchange is looking for a Manager, Learning & Development to be based in the New York City office in the heart of the Flatiron District. This role reports to the Director, Learning & Development and is primarily responsible for managing one direct report, conducting training needs assessment, creating a training strategy to address skill gaps and partner with subject-matter experts to design proprietary training. This role requires deep instructional design and e-learning knowledge to develop both instructor led and interactive virtual training. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to:
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Assess and identify training needs to create a technical skills learning strategy that is aligned with business objectives
- Build and maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders and subject matter experts across Index Exchange with the goal of identifying new training opportunities, updating existing content and providing consultative guidance for SME led training
- Develop and update IX proprietary training e-learning/video content and material, this includes training on processes, products, areas of IX expertise and more
- Leverage knowledge and experience to assess and identify the best training formats to be used i.e. e-learning, live virtual led training, face-to-face training etc.
- Leverage instructional design and multi-media skills to conceptualize, design, develop and deliver training modules and training courses that cover a variety of skills, topics and/or product knowledge areas
- Partner with our various external providers to design and develop training program and digital learning solutions. Experience using animation and video editing software, as well as multimedia development will be an added advantage
- Ability to create a competency-based curriculum with learning paths covering a blended approach to learning such as classroom training, e-learning, coaching etc.
- Measure training effectiveness for comprehension and application i.e. improvements in employees’ job performance etc.
- Collaborate with and manage the Learning & Development Associate to manage the learning management system as the central hub for the IX learning experience i.e. creating course pages, uploading content, maintaining vendor relationship etc.
- Facilitate instructor-led, face to face and virtual workshops when needed
- Maintain a strong understanding of the AdTech industry and demonstrate working knowledge of training best practices, trends and adult learning principles
- Instructional design (E-Learning and Classroom)
- LMS experience (Docebo or similar)
- Knowledge of UX Design
- Project management
- Data analysis
- Previous AdTech experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in Organizational Development, Learning Design or related field. Additional education or certification in Leadership Coaching and/or other training tools is a plus.
- 6-8 years of proven work experience Learning and Development or similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to explain technical terms using simple language
- Ability to excel at collaborating with stakeholders, subject matter experts and team members
- Pays attention to detail and has superior organizational skills to manage multiple engagements, prioritize, and meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of web-based learning platforms and learning management systems
- Ability to flex their collaboration style depending on situation i.e. independently, in a team, as a manager etc.
- Excellent written communication skills with knowledge of L&D marketing strategies
- Exceptional coaching, facilitation and presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products and content development tools (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe Captivate, Articulate etc.)
- Demonstrated success in designing, implementing and evaluating a variety of training solutions
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Our New York office serves as our strategic hub and headquarters. Located in the Flatiron District, this office houses the majority of our Client Services, Marketing, and Executive teams.
- You’ll get to build the culture for a fast-moving team, which is receiving tons of investment and support from across the whole company.
- The bar for talent is very high at IX. We’ve hired an exceptionally good team, with experts from across the ad tech industry, whom you’ll love working with and learning from.
- Excellent healthcare benefits (health, dental, and vision) at NO expense to employees
- $50 dollar monthly allowance to the gym/health club of your choice
- Other competitive benefits, including 401(K), maternity/paternity leave, and a fantastic vacation policy
- Perks include a fully stocked fridge/pantry/bar, catered lunches every Friday and views of the Empire State Building!
Index Exchange is a global advertising marketplace where premium digital media companies transact ad impressions with accountability and in real-time. Built on the pillars of neutrality, openness, and the most reliable technology, Index Exchange is the ad exchange that media companies and marketers trust. An engineering-first company, Index Exchange prioritizes investing in hardware as well as bigger and better data centers to safely and independently store and process transactions.
Headquartered in Toronto with offices across the globe and over 500 of the brightest minds in ad tech, we define the evolution of online technology today.