We’re looking for an Financial Analyst to join our Product & Engineering Analytics team in Toronto. In this role, you will help support our technical teams in an F&A capacity, ensuring engineering and product teams receive relevant data-driven analytics and insights to support short and long-term planning and strategies. In this role, you will work alongside our Product, Engineering, Infrastructure and IT teams to help drive efficiencies in our largest team in the company and help drive annual capex decisions
Here’s what we want:
- Critical thinker: Logical, concise ideas around projects with a strong sense of urgency, understanding the larger story behind each release/product.
- Problem solver: Experience working with teams and collaborating across groups to achieve desired results.
- Independent: Comfort with ambiguity and self-starter with an aptitude for defining new processes. Resourceful.
- Passionate: You are curious and love experimenting with different approaches to find the most efficient solution to a problem.
- Storyteller: You can find and tell a story when looking at numbers and graphs
- Experienced: Minimum 1-2 years working experience
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Work with executive team members to define and provide key information for decision making
- Report monthly financial and non-financial performance of IX operations to management
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc reporting and analysis of key operating results
- Design and develop necessary tracking tools/dashboards for progress & KPI tracking across different teams
- Help develop a system for measuring and monitoring efficiency within teams
- Develop and provide financial analysis support on all IX special projects as required
- Help create and maintain budget tracking for our engineering & product teams
- Provide weekly, monthly and annual analysis on status of various initiatives
- Project manage operational projects, measuring progress and driving accountability
- Produce data-driven case studies as required
- Provide comprehensive summaries on analysis/outcomes to key stakeholders
- Acquire, filter, clean, and transform data as required
Experience, useful skills and background:
You may or may not tick off every box, and that’s ok. Each person brings a different background and different skillset. If you think you are a good match for what we are looking for, tell us why!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or a similar quantitative discipline combined with a minimum of 2 years FP&A experience/experience performing the responsibilities outlined above, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to break down complicated topics into simple concepts
- Strong analytical mind and a keen interest in conducting research, interpreting data and translating to insights for various audiences
- Advanced working knowledge of digital advertising industry, participants, technologies and advertising ecosystems considered an asset
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and team members
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems, make decisions quickly and thoughtfully and communicate clearly;
Why you’ll love working here:
Located in the heart of Downtown Toronto Centrally located and many perks such as:
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate and collaborate
- We offer free snacks and drinks as well as catered lunches on Fridays
- We have flexible hours and we do not have a dress code
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).