Index Exchange works with 1,000 of the largest websites and app developers globally to help them drive ad revenue to fund their businesses, ensuring people can enjoy the great content they produce. Simply put, our products help publishers grow and manage their advertising revenue.
Over the next year we expect the engineering teams and the pipeline of projects they are working on to expand considerably, and we want the right leadership in place to help guide this growth from a serviceability and monitoring perspective.
As such, we are looking for a Tier 2 Support & NOC Manager to join our growing team. In this role, you will help shape the future direction of the support environment at IX though your skillful leadership of a team of approximately 15 technical support personnel. We’re looking for someone who has hands-on experience managing Support and/or Engineering teams and strong experience working with relevant release and monitoring technologies.
Tier 2 Support team:
- The team provides tier 2 support for our exchange, which includes all our products and features.
- We assist internal Index teams (Analysts, Account Managers, Tier 1 team, Finance, Product, etc.) by supporting them in their day to day tasks such as root causing issues with an integration, automating manual tasks, etc.
- We contribute on all new products/features at Index by working with the engineering teams to ensure that they are supportable and easy to monitor.
- We automate repetitive tasks and build new tools to reduce the cycle time of our support requests.
- We collaborate with our Account Management teams to integrate clients/partners onto our exchange.
- The team provides 24/7 monitoring of our exchange and its features.
- We monitor alerts from our Grafana dashboards, system email alerts, etc. and attempt to resolve the issues or escalate by engaging the relevant people as documented in our play books.
- The team works in shifts with slight overlaps to transfer knowledge on any ongoing incidents.
Here’s what we want:
- Leader: Your foremost responsibility is to manage and lead teams. We need someone who can inspire, motivate and make our Engineers better. Help our engineering teams understand the 'why’ behind building supportable features and guide them on best practices.
- Technical: A strong foundation in technical support and development and experience in what it’s like to solve complex problems and build solutions for things like real-time monitoring, production issues, etc.
- Ownership: We want you to lead your team, celebrate successes and own the failures. In this role you’ll identify and manage technical risks and opportunities, taking responsibility for the quality of technical deliverables
Here’s what you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 1-2 years as a direct manager of agile teams of at least 5-10 people
- DevOps tool kit including tech like Ansible, GitLab, Jenkins, Vagrant, Docker, Kafka, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, and Grafana as well as languages like Golang, Python, Bash, and Perl to create automation tools
- High-degree of comfort with both Linux, SQL and bare metal systems
- Knowledge of contemporary development practices, Agile methodologies and technologies is key
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown Toronto office
- We offer free snacks, drinks, and catered lunches on Fridays
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Flexible hours and relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships and more
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).