We’re looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our growing Montreal team and work with an innovative and fast-paced Canadian tech company. The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced developer who is eager to demonstrate their leadership and technical acumen by offering guidance, mentorship and direction to our teams.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
The work we do requires complex problem solving, the ability to write high quality code in a very large and scalable deployment environment, an understanding of Agile software development, Continuous Integration, well-developed communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We’re looking for the right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you and have fun doing it. We use a wide range of programming languages and technologies; more than anything you need to show us who you are as we greatly value people and interactions. Do some research on the company and be prepared to discuss what we do. If you can’t figure it out, make sure you have some great questions prepared. We want our Engineers invested in our business and aware of the impact their effort makes.
Here’s what we want:
- Experience and Leadership: You are not a manager but you do know how to work with a team of developers and can help mentor and guide junior members of the team as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You don’t stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it. You love working with other people, presenting your viewpoint but ultimately working towards the best solution, regardless of where it comes from
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we're interested in what you're looking to learn
Here’s what you have:
- 7+ years of experience as a full-time Software Engineer
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you. It’s tough to be an individual contributor in this type of environment and compromise and negotiation are key qualities
- Excellent problem solving skills, the ability to think differently, persuade others see your vision but know when to let go
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient and scalable platforms is an asset
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration environment with unit tests and automated tests as part of the development flow
- Practical knowledge of contemporary development practices and Agile methodologies including Scrum, Kanban, pair programming or test-driven development
Why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.