We’re looking for an Exchange Analyst to join our Product & Engineering Analytics team in Toronto. In this role, you will help support our technical teams in many different aspects, ranging from very niche and technical releases to high level and platform wide investigations. You will work alongside our Product, Engineering, Infrastructure and IT teams while helping these stakeholders and the company arrive at data driven conclusions and more importantly decisions.
Here’s what we want:
- Critical thinker: Logical, concise ideas around projects with a strong sense of urgency, understanding the larger story behind each release/product.
- Problem solver: Experience working with teams and collaborating across groups to achieve desired results.
- Independent: Comfort with ambiguity and self-starter with an aptitude for defining new processes. Resourceful.
- Passionate: You are curious and love experimenting with different approaches to find the most efficient solution to a problem.
- Storyteller: You can find and tell a story when looking at numbers and graphs
- Experienced: Minimum 1-2 years working experience; 0-1 years in programmatic advertising preferred.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Support IX’s product roadmap by monitoring all changes product/engineering is introducing to the platform, big and small
- Analyze data points across large data sets (billions of rows) and draw logical conclusions around the impact of individual releases/features while evaluating the impact on IX’s overall activity
- Assist various internal teams with identifying key metrics and develop relevant tools to help with their tracking
- Acquire, filter, clean, and transform data
- Analyze, explore, and interpret data using statistical techniques
- Design and build dashboards to quantify and monitor releases and initiatives
- Investigate ideas and develop hypotheses testing frameworks
- Produce data-driven case studies as required
- Provide comprehensive summaries on analysis/releases/outcomes to key stakeholders
Experience, useful skills and background:
You may or may not tick off every box, and that’s ok. Each person brings a different background and different skillset. If you think you are a good match for what we are looking for, tell us why!
- Bachelor/Master degree in Commerce, Math, Statistics or related discipline
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of ETL processes, and business intelligence reporting tools such as Domo, Grafana
- Knowledge of Python/SQL for functions like data collection, analysis, visualization, automation considered a plus but not required
- Familiarity with creating and interpreting visualizations with BI tools like Domo and Grafana
- Ability to break down complicated topics into simple concepts
- Background in AdTech or knowledge of the AdTech landscape is a bonus
Why you’ll love working here:
Located in the heart of Downtown Toronto at 1 University Ave., right across from Union Station! Centrally located and many perks such as:
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate and collaborate
- We offer free snacks and drinks as well as catered lunches on Fridays
- We have flexible hours and we do not have a dress code
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation)