What does the role involve?
The HRBP is the driver of the human connection. Partnering with group leaders & managers on all elements of the employee lifecycle from on-boarding through off-boarding and everything in between. The role encompasses performance coaching, career planning, igniting training & development programs, talent management & workforce planning, and employee relations. You are an HR generalist with experience in employment law and superior influencing skills. You are passionate about diversity & inclusion and driving engagement through culture development. You will work cross-functionally with the people team to strategize best/proven practices, communicate people first initiatives, appreciate business trends and provide recommendations to our global team. Possessing strong business acumen, you align with business leaders to understand their business and partner to drive continued high employee engagement. As the go-to for our Managers you develop/deliver effective and engaging people programs to enhance the co-worker experience. You have 5+ years of experience building, maintaining and improving employee programs, influencing decision making, coaching & mentoring, and local employment law.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Because HRBP is a new function in the business, this role requires some process improvement, this should be something you actively seek to continue to make this an amazing place to work
- You will proactively build relationships with business leaders and employees, gaining trust and credibility with key stakeholders
- Helping to develop processes, practices and ways of working
- Be accountable for the delivery and optimization of core People Ops services: advising on team and/or department-specific compensation, benefits, recruiting, organizational structure, and talent development strategies
- Partner with managers to build KPIs to help optimize their team’s engagement and productivity
- Partner with managers and broader People Operations team to resolve sensitive employee-relations situations
- Champion Diversity & Inclusion efforts and provide support for initiatives aimed at fostering an enriching, inclusive employee experience
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees
- Coach, counsel and guide management on the execution of performance management, feedback, and follow-up
- Bring your high energy and problem-solving skills to remove barriers and accelerate performance
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- We are a global organization with a huge focus on collaboration and building out our community internally
- The workspace is built for creativity and is bright and inviting space with room to unwind, decompress and take time for you
- You dress for the day you have ahead, therefore there is no formal dress code We believe that food nourishes the brain and therefore we have lots of great snacks
- A collaborative team with events, and celebrations to recognize our successes
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
At Index Exchange. we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate the diversity of race, colour, and ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification- diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility- IX will welcome you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation)