Index Exchange is looking for a DevOps Engineering Manager to join our growing team. This role will report to the Director of DevOps and lead 2-3 DevOps Engineering teams. We’re looking for someone who has hands-on experience managing Engineering teams and knowledge/experience with relevant release and monitoring technologies. Over the next year we expect the DevOps team and the pipeline of projects they are working on to expand considerably, and we want the right leadership in place to help guide this growth. In this role you will promote a culture of innovation that shares technology effectively and responsibly; you will refine and embody a cross-functional DevOps mentality that works for all departments, encouraging knowledge transfer and professional growth.
Here’s what we want:
- Leader: Your foremost responsibility is to manage and lead teams. We need someone who can inspire, motivate and make our Engineers better. Help them understand the 'why’
- Technical: A strong foundation in development operations and experience in what it’s like to solve complex problems and build solutions for things like CI/CD, real-time monitoring, production issues, etc.
- Ownership: We want you to lead your team, celebrate successes and own thefailures. In this role you’ll identify and manage technical risks and opportunities, taking responsibility for the quality of technical deliverables
Here’s what you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 1-2 years as a direct manager of agile teams of at least 5-10 people
- DevOps tool kit including tech like Ansible, GitLab, Jenkins, Vagrant, Docker, Kafka, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, and Grafana as well as languages like Python, Bash, and Perl to create automation tools
- High-degree of comfort with both Linux, SQL and bare metal systems
- Knowledge of contemporary development practices, Agile methodologies and technologies is key
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our Engineering HQ in Toronto
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Flexible hours and relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships and more
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).