We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our growing Supply Product Delivery Unit (PDU) team to help accelerate pushing our product commercialization goals ahead. Our Product Marketing team works closely with the Sales, Product, and corporate MarCom teams to drive strategy, awareness, and insights to our suite of products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, competitors, and the ecosystem and leverage that knowledge to continually update our unique selling proposition.
- Have a full understanding of our product roadmap and actively execute on internal and external education around the roadmap for the product suite you’ll be supporting.
- Assist PMs in developing and executing their go to market strategy and act as a key driver in release teams when new features and products are introduced.
- Work hand-in-hand with the product team to clearly articulate the value of each new product release across a range of mediums, including: presentation materials, internal training materials, case studies, and client communications.
- Work closely with sales to ensure we are building the knowledge, tools and collateral to maximize the team’s effectiveness.
- Work with the rest of the Engagement team to build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a product line level.
What qualities we are looking for:
- Collaborative: A natural leader who can rally together across product, commercial and corporate teams to bring new features to market.
- Customer Focused: You will love driving product messaging to world leading media and advertising technology companies to help enable digital ad sales to thrive.
- Data Driven: Using data to make decisions is second nature to you. You’re great with revenue and customer analytics.
- Technical: You enjoy seeing challenges turn into solutions for customers and have an affinity for technical environments.
- Product Knowledge: You have been involved in release teams for new products and worked extensively in new product introduction.
If you're passionate about marketing new products and features, and love working with other creative people, this role will be a great fit for you. We would like to see what you’re excited about and what great products you’ve been involved in bringing to market.
- Creates content in close collaboration with PM and MarCom
- Assemble diagrams and presentations as required to support needs of PDU, release teams and partners.
- Develop internal and external comms with deliverables including:
- blogs, editorial and social content
- product marketing copy for web, microsite and print
- Coordinates with MarCom to “Distribute” content
- Actively monitors marketplace to assess competitive set and seek out opportunities to flag to MarCom (ie. upcoming events, opt-ed and speaking opportunities)
- Develops KPIs to assess “Index Share” of Product area’s total market share to form a benchmark by which we measure ourselves
- Community building with open source projects and commercial partnerships to further increase visibility and adoption of solutions.
- Highly organized project manager and multitasker extraordinaire who can work across teams and balance multiple priorities and deadlines, with a strong history of getting things done.
- Take complex technical concepts and create outputs that are accessible and interesting to a wide range of audiences
- Have the aptitude to understand industry competitive dynamics, can assess competitor’s strengths relative to our own
- Capable of “testing” sales to ensure they have the right talking points and are armed to win
- Entrepreneurial spirit, driving the product goals as one would with their own business
- Out of the box thinker seeking a fast paced highly competitive environment where problem solving thrives
- Ability to manage numerous priorities while under pressure
- The right personality to gel with Engineers, hang with Sales, brainstorm with Marketing, and talk data with our Analysts
- Excellent verbal and written skills including confidence in presentation skills.
- 5 plus years of overall experience with 3 plus years in product marketing
- Ability to travel
- Experience leading by influence
- Client facing experience
- Ad Technology / digital ad sales industry experience is highly desirable. You may not understand our industry or suite of products upon first day, but you have the ability to quickly and effectively learn the nuances of the ad tech industry.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown Toronto office
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Free snacks, beverages, and catered lunches on Fridays
- Flexible hours and a relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).