At Index Exchange, everything moves fast. We’re looking for an Agile Coach who will guide our teams on how to use Lean and Agile principles and practices to support our teams in their quest for continuous improvement and self-organization. The ideal candidate is an experienced Agile practitioner who will work closely with our Engineering and product teams and enable them to deliver the most valuable products possible to our customers. As part of this role, you’ll be looking at the existing team processes, their working environment and actively trying to identify areas of improvement and conceptualize new ways of making teams more effective. Another point of focus will be to expertly facilitate scrum events and run cross team training sessions as the needs arise. You will be expected to actively observe teams and coach them to tackle the challenges they face as they embrace Agile.
Here’s what we want:
- Passion: You are obsessed with Agile practices with a thirst for knowledge and learning new things. You are passionate about communication, group dynamics and you are not afraid to raise issues and drive changes in the quest to build an environment of continuous improvement
- Technical: We’re a tech-first company - you will need to love working on big tech problems and have extensive experience with Engineering teams. Knowledge of advanced agile technical practices is essential
- A Leader: You will use your 5+ years as a servant leader and agilist to help teams deliver quality product early and often, improve technical practices, eliminate waste and reduce delivery risks
- Knowledge: you will bring knowledge and experience of Scrum, Kanban system, Lean, System Thinking, and other agile frameworks
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Use your experience and knowledge gained through continuous education and certifications (CSP, KMP, ICP-ACC) to mentor management and teams on Agile principles and practices
- Use a data-driven approach to educate teams and management on different ways of measures progress in their agile journey
- Work closely with product teams and coach them in their quest to becoming a high performing and self-organized unit
- Promote and mentor passionate agilists within the organization
- Facilitate in the sharing of lessons learned across teams and departments
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown Kitchener office
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Lunch catered in daily
- Flexible hours and a relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).