At Index Exchange, our online advertising exchange manages billions of transactions every day. Hundreds of premium publishers bet their success on our reliability, security and performance. While Ops is a defined team, we believe that DevOps is a way of thinking and we are looking for candidates who can seamlessly work across our Engineering teams to bring complex and challenging projects to fruition. Reporting to the Operations Engineering Manager, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join Index Exchange and help us continue to refine and mature our Ops toolset and DevOps approach. You will be working in our Operations team to build tools in key areas such as server provisioning, continuous integration and deployment, monitoring, alerting, and container orchestration.
The ideal candidate will have some experience in Development or Operations. You will coordinate with Engineers to provide technical solutions.
Here’s what we want:
- Technical: A foundation in Operations, and experience in solving complex problems and building solutions (including CI/CD, real-time monitoring, production issues, etc.)
- Communication: It’s essential that you can relay information and ideas effectively both within and across different teams. While we place a huge premium on technical skill, we value just as much your ability to work with other people
- Adaptable: Our industry moves fast and we need you to keep up and adapt. Acting as a DevOps Engineer, you have the ability to prioritize work, often against competing scope and timelines
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Utilize your understanding of DevOps methodologies and design patterns to positively impact the development, deployment, and introspection processes
- Seize upon your experience and knowledge to help guide and mentor colleagues
- Write code in Go, Python, Bash, and Perl to create automation tools
- Build out our Ops tool kit including tech like Ansible, GitLab CI, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, and Grafana
- Working with Big Data tools including Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, and HBase
- Troubleshoot and fix problems with build and deployment automation
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown Toronto office
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Lunch catered in daily
- Flexible hours and a relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).