Index Exchange is looking for a VP, People Operations to direct the ideation, design, development, and flawless execution of global HR programs and turn people data into insights in support of our positive culture and performance.
This person will ensure that programs are competitive, sustainable, scalable, and have an impact on the long and short-term performance of the entire global organization.
He/she will report to the EVP, People and help drive continuous improvement within the People function, drawing on external and internal best practices and leading-edge industry thinking on the HR function.
Here’s what we want:
Knowledgeable: The VP, People Operations will support all IX global employees through HR operations and be a subject matter expert on policy, compliance, HR Tools, and global payroll and benefits programs. In addition, leading our HRBP group. You must have experience managing these functions through a global lens, with expertise in change management and process improvement as we continue to evolve our people operations strategy.
Collaborative: Working in lockstep with the IX People team, finance, and compliance, this role will require strong communication to solve problems, curate process, establish protocol and best practices for Index Exchanges globally.
Analytical: A metrics & data-driven HR leader who is able to assess, measure, and analyze results/effectiveness of HR process and programs at scale. A successful VP, People Operations at IX will be comfortable with understanding and interpret data to validate process as it relates to business objectives. They’ll be a master of excel and creating sophisticated models and workbooks from scratch.
Leader: This role will require strong communication and management skills and lead the global HR operations & HRBP team supporting international employees, compensation and benefits, HR systems and documentation integrity. As well as developing programs to align HRBP’s as business partners to the business.
Here’s what you’ll be Doing:
- Direct the planning, design, implementation, maintenance, and administration of all compensation and benefits programs to maintain organizational objectives and a competitive position in the marketplace; management of health & welfare, retirement savings, and payroll
- Oversee the development of incentive, bonus, and commission plans for the enterprise, ensuring that they are designed to drive employee performance in line with business objectives, are market competitive, legally sound and managed/administered accurately and effectively.
- Own and manage global benefits and compensation frameworks ensuring consistency and alignment throughout the company and with the market
- Actively research opportunities for continuous improvement whether that be system enhancements and upgrades or exploring new vendors
- Develop communications strategies and material to create clarity and understanding around HR systems and be able to present to a technical and non-technical audience
- Liaise with finance to optimize value, reduce risk, evaluate options, and make recommendations to executive management
- Effectively communicate trends, legislation changes, and other relevant related data on a timely basis to the management team and when appropriate, recommend a course of action to effectively manage impacted/assigned plans
- Partner with Legal and compliance on data privacy and security matters and other HR-related industry standards & compliance requirements
- Manage external partnerships with legal and other vendors to ensure consistency of company standards and compliance of local HR law
- 8-10 years of leadership experience in designing, implementing and providing direction to compensation, benefits, payroll and HRIS functions, with some international exposure preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in HR, Finance or MBA highly desirable
- Experience preparing and presenting required summaries for executive review
- Proven ability to provide vision and leadership to a team of total rewards and people data professional, as well as HRBP
- Track record of working cross-functionally and collaboratively at all levels.
- Proven to be an excellent manager and team capacity builder
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown office in Toronto
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Free snacks and drinks all day, with lunch catered in every Friday!
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate the diversity of race, colour, and ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification- diversity is the human experience. for those who show grit, passion, and humility- IX will welcome you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).