Do you want to make your mark in designing one of the largest internet infrastructure systems in the world? Are you passionate about software technologies and the architectures that are well designed for massive scale? Would you want to not just be a user of cloud platforms, but to understand and improve upon the design and inner workings of cloud platform like software? The Architecture team at Index Exchange is seeking a strong Principal Architect that can drive the strategic architectural direction of our Ad Serving platform and our overall systems infrastructure.
At IX, we believe in excellence and a strong support of software systems design and engineering. The Principal Architect is a critical role that will take a leadership role in ensuring the success of our platform that is experiencing exponential growth.
- Analyze product and system requirements to identify applicable architectural solutions and technology domains that can address them
- Research architectural patterns and applicable technologies
- Formulate updated architectural designs as needed to evolve our ad serving platform, adapting to new and changing requirements, and meet the needs of rapidly growing scale driven by business growth
- Devise development strategies and plans with other architects for the execution of said architectural updates, and collaborate with the engineering teams to ensure success of implementation, bearing in mind the aspects of cost management and risk management
- Engage in the continual evaluation of the architecture of the current production system and adjust architectural plans accordingly to areas of need
- Knowledge management, communication, and documentation to ensure engineering teams and all relevant parties understands and are aligned with architectural plans
- Assist in defining and improving general architectural processes and practices in accordance with our software engineering processes
- Provide mentorship and support for junior architects and experienced engineers
- Connect and network with the software and technology industry veterans for learning, recruitment, and help shape the industry
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience working as a software architect
- 5+ years experience in a related technology domain, including design of distributed systems and backends, internet infrastructure, computing clusters, etc.
- 10+ years combined experience in software development, architecture, or engineering
- Experience with architectural design of large scale distributed systems, such as the design of private and public clouds, extremely high traffic internet websites, etc.
- Understanding and experience with design of network architectures, and software architectural design patterns
- Experience with working with software and technologies such as C/C++, Golang, HTTP, TCP/IP, Linux kernel, Kubernetes, Aerospike, etc.
- Experience with performance tuning for low-latency high throughput distributed systems
- Knowledge of the designs of large scale big-data systems and clusters, and technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and relational databases
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown Toronto office
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Free snacks, beverages, and catered lunches on Fridays
- Flexible hours and a relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).