At Index Exchange, Engineering is the foundation of everything we do. We have 160+ Engineers working across different offices in Toronto, Montreal and Kitchener-Waterloo and we’re looking for a Senior Web Engineer to join our growing team and work with an innovative and fast-paced Canadian tech company.
As a Senior Web Engineer, you are a domain expert in Angular (we use Angular 7 currently, and will be moving towards Angular 8 soon) and modern web application development, building large foundational, reusable architecture for all our products to consume. You are eager to demonstrate your leadership and technical acumen by offering guidance, mentorship and direction to our teams. The work we do requires complex problem solving, the ability to write high quality code, an understanding of Agile software development, well-developed communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people.
Here’s what we want:
- Experience and Leadership: You may not be a manager but you do know how to work with a team of developers and can help mentor and guide members of the team as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You don’t stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it. You love working with other people, presenting your viewpoint but ultimately working towards the best solution, regardless of where it comes from
- Passion: For tech and top-notch code and how you plan to make it better. Send over a GitHub page or a link to something you’ve helped create or your favourite side project
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we're interested in what you're looking to learn
- Domain expert in web architecture design paradigms to help guide and drive architectural decisions using Angular
- Experience designing testable, scalable, consumable APIs in GoLang and/or NodeJS
- Experience writing unit, integration and e2e tests using mock services and data
- Knowledge of database designs for relational and non-relational databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Why you’ll love working here:
- Office space in the vibrant downtown Kitchener core, located across the street from the new transit hub for GO Transit and GRT buses
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate and collaborate
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).