Index Exchange (IX) is looking for a motivated, ambitious Senior Product Manager to join a high-performance team at our New York City office.
You’ll work with a cast of highly-talented PMs, who’ve joined us from companies like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and eBay, to build the product roadmaps that will elevate IX to its next growth level. You’ll be supported by commercial and engineering teams in New York, Boston, Toronto, and Montreal, to deliver on a strategy that supports the needs of a fast-growing business in a rapidly-evolving industry.
If being nimble and innovative sounds like fun, and you like the idea of squaring off against the ad tech giants with a more transparent and democratic approach, then this is the role for you!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Product Sense: We think of Product as the engine that drives our company’s growth. You have solid product intuition. You’ve taken multiple great ideas from conception to market launch to bottom-line business impact. Having lived (and learned) through a few failures is good too.
- Collaborative: You’re a natural leader who can rally people across Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales & Services into a high-functioning delivery team. You are well-organized and delivery-oriented. You can work with Project Management to herd cats and guide an Agile team through delivery against a stack ranked set of priorities.
- Data Driven: You make significant decisions based on real data, and you use it to convince others that you’re right, because how else would you do it? You’re great at analysis and visualization, and you not only pronounce SQL the right way but you know how to use it.
- Technical: You thrive on figuring out complex systems and marketplaces, identifying opportunities to simplify and improve them, and working with Engineering to make it a reality. You love working at Internet scale, and you understand how even small adjustments can have massive impact when applied across billions of users and transactions.
- Customer Focused: You love speaking with customers: from world-leading publishers to advertisers and agencies, you’re excited to help them grow their revenue and build a thriving digital ads marketplace.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Working with commercial teams and customers (publishers, DSPs, agencies) to understand their needs, and decide which ones we should address
- Using your best judgement and intuition to make the right decisions, even when the data is imperfect. This includes saying “NO” to good ideas that simply won’t win, because they’re not great ideas
- Creating product roadmaps to set both internal and external expectations about the products we’ll bring to market
- Maintaining a prioritized set of products, features, and bugs in support of a thriving marketplace for digital advertising
- Collaborating with Design, Engineering and Project Management to deliver high-quality products and features on time
- Coordinating across numerous commercial and go-to-market stakeholders to ensure that products are launched correctly, that they can be measured appropriately, and that they meet the business objectives they were designed to achieve
- Partnering with customer service teams to ensure that whatever we build is usable and supportable by our clients
Here’s what you have:
- B.Sc./B.Eng. in Computer Science, Math, Computer/Software Engineering or Physics
- Minimum of 4 years of Product Management experience, 2 years in ad tech
- A track record of successful launches, in collaboration with numerous internal/external stakeholders. Some failed launches that you’ve learned from are good too!
- Excellent communication, technical and analytical skills
- Experience in streaming video and mobile in-app advertising would be a huge asset
- Flexibility for some occasional travel
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Our New York office serves as our strategic hub and headquarters. Located in the Flatiron District, this office houses the majority of our Client Services, Marketing, and Executive teams.
- The bar for talent is very high at IX. We’ve hired an exceptionally good team, with experts from across the ad tech industry, whom you’ll love working with and learning from.
- Excellent healthcare benefits (health, dental, and vision) at NO expense to employees
- $50 dollar monthly allowance to the gym/health club of your choice
- Other competitive benefits, including 401(K), maternity/paternity leave, and a fantastic vacation policy
- Perks include a fully stocked fridge/pantry/bar, catered lunches every Friday and views of the Empire State Building!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).