IndeVets is rethinking veterinary medicine. We give doctors the freedom and flexibility to create their own schedules, by choosing shifts from hundreds of partner hospitals via our unique scheduling system. In just our third year of business, we have more than 80 veterinarians on staff and are growing by 100 percent per year.
This past year, we teamed up with our technology platform partners, Jarvus, to build and launch a custom operations system to support core business needs. This includes an internal developer platform to enable our ongoing rapid innovation.
Now, we want to bring a full-stack web developer into our team. This role will be embedded within the agile development team which Jarvus manages, adding development capacity and helping implement IndeVets’ interests day-to-day.
Our core values are a little different, but we like it that way. We believe in:
- Happily Breaking Norms – We look for ways to do things differently.
- Genuine Gratitude – We’re appreciative of our doctors and each other.
- Choosing Our Own Adventure – We believe that your career path looks doesn’t need to look like everyone else’s.
- Highly Competent & Nice – We don’t hire jerks!
- Leading By Example – We’re dedicated to leading change in the veterinary industry by showing the way.
Our technology team is a hybrid of in-house, dedicated external, and on-demand external talent:
- Dedicated in-house technology team members: Product Owner, Data Analyst, UX Design Lead (hiring now!), and Full-stack Developer (this could be you!)
- Dedicated team members from our technology platform partner: Agile Project Manager, Platform Developer, Full-stack Developer
- On-demand expertise from our technology platform partner: Platform architecture and strategy, frontend design and engineering, user research, infrastructure engineering, data science and engineering, DevOps and SDLC engineering
All in-house and external team members live and work in North America, largely in and around Philadelphia and on east coast time. You will have access to experts at Jarvus who can provide support and training for every element of our technology platform.
- Core portal built with Laravel+Vue
- Full local development workflow with Docker and complete test datasets
- GitHub-hosted CI+CD with GitHub Actions
- Core portal and supporting services deployed to managed Kubernetes cluster and deployable to test clusters
- Bi-weekly sprints with work planned in Jira
- Scrum-style 15-minute daily standups, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives
- Work submitted and reviewed on GitHub
- Automatically-deployed per-PR reviewed and tested early by stakeholders and users
- Production releases acceptance tested and deployed weekly
- Strong in one of:
- Laravel (or comparable PHP framework)
- Strong in all of:
- Both backend and frontend web development
- Collaborating within cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Supporting environments with a hybrid of legacy and emerging technologies
- Progressively building around integrations with external dependencies
- Evolving and extending information workflows and data models
- Knowledge of or experience in planning, estimating, and working from user stories in an agile sprint-based team workflow
- Cooperating and contributing as a member of a high-velocity cross-functional team where your role can often shift
- Bonus points for experience with:
- GitHub Actions
- UI/UX prototyping
- BI and ETL
- Primary focus will be towards sprint-based development efforts (approximately 30 hrs per week)
- Collaborate with our internal platform technology platform partner, Jarvus Innovations, on evolving software practices, standards, and architectures
- Help internal business users navigate technical decisions in consultation with Jarvus
- Review and validate independence of technology platform through quarterly rebuild and redeploy exercises.
Did we mention we offer great pay & benefits?
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid-Time Off
- 401(k) contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Equity ownership plan available after 1 full year of service (profit sharing FTW!)