Title: Senior Product Designer (UX/UI/UR)
Does great UX excite you, and poor UX leaving you scratching your head? If so, apply to IndeVets as a Senior Product Designer.
We’re seeking a seasoned UX/UI/UR designer to take our scheduling platform to the next level… and beyond!
The Senior Product Designer will lead the design and user experience for our unique scheduling platform. The role will be positioned at the heart of our company to deeply understand our business, clients, veterinarians, and operations.
You’ll apply user-centered design approaches and research-driven thinking to create engaging products and features with a compelling user experience. As Senior Product Designer, you’ll be involved in each phase of the project, from early discovery and concept work through development. You’ll partner with internal teams to coordinate development efforts with our third-party software development partner.
IndeVets is excited to invest in our new technology and seeking a Senior Product Designer who’s just as excited as we are. This is a brand new position and the opportunity to grow and influence a start-up culture. Work for a progressive company that values work-life balance and physical and mental health. We have a strong no-jerk policy. We also have dogs! (plus great benefits, health insurance, yadda yadda)
- Lead user experience research and design: Improve the experience for our customers, veterinarians, and internal users across all of interactions and communication channels.
- Collaborate with the technology, operations, and business teams to analyze, problem solve, and document key platform requirements.
- Deliver whatever’s needed to guide development: this could include wireframes, sitemaps, journey maps, flowcharts, storyboards, user stories, high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes, or other innovative approaches.
- Create a design system: leverage existing frameworks to create a branded design system that you will then support from implementation through maintenance and expansion as needed.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyze the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals.
- Zoom in and out. Generate high-level product strategies as well as practical project steps and considerations to get there. Are visionary in objective, but pragmatic in approach.
- Shepherd features from concept to post-launch analysis: align business and product needs with design direction, actively engage as a member of the Agile team to see the feature through launch, and then determine how launched features are being used.
- Conduct appropriate user research: for need-finding, usability, satisfaction, or other areas that will improve the product and experience.
- Clearly and effectively present research findings, conceptual ideas, and designs to the working team, stakeholders, and leadership with the ability to articulate rationale behind design decisions.
- Balance leadership and direct practice: strategically manage time spent on storytelling and design leadership with detailed design work and documentation in service of efficient development.
- Research and analyze the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
- Act as project manager and/or business analyst on various company initiatives.
- Other job duties as assigned by members of management.
Required Skills / Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Product Designer, User Experience Designer, or similar role
- 1-3+ years experience working with agile delivery teams
- An outstanding online portfolio and case studies of product design solutions
- Expert knowledge of UX and interaction design best-practices and patterns
- Working knowledge of UI best practices including typography, color, grid, and composition
- Experience with user research methodologies such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Innate ability to understand complex systems and problems including the ability to see the big picture
- Experience as a member of an in-house product team with a proven track record of shipping products
- Ability to advocate for the user across all audiences: developers, testers, product owners, and executives
- Strong desire to be an effective member of a dynamic, cross-functional team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excited to make a meaningful and lasting impact at an exciting, growing business
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software development, or other related field
- Three more years as a Product Owner, Project Manager, Business Analyst, or Scrum master
- Ideation design and facilitation experience
- Experience collaborating with external vendors and/or remote, distributed teams a plus
- Functional use of Jira and Confluence
- Previous experience working in and shaping a small but fast-growing company
Did we mention we offer great pay & benefits?
- Medical, dental + vision insurance
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- 401(k) contributions — 100% match up to 4%
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Equity option plan after 1 year of service (profit sharing FTW)
IndeVets is rethinking veterinary medicine. We give doctors the freedom and flexibility to create their own schedules, by choosing shifts from hundreds of partner hospitals via our unique scheduling system. In just our third year of business, we have more than 90 veterinarians on staff and are growing by 100 percent per year.