The Outline is looking for a talented Audience Development Manager to help more people discover The Outline while maintaining audience quality. We were founded on the notion that most media companies believe that their audience should be everyone on the internet. We know that's not true, and want to put strategies in place to grow the right audience for The Outline.
The Audience Development manager is responsible for hitting our audience growth numbers. You’ll work closely with the Editorial, Revenue, Product, and Operations teams to develop and manage a growth strategy across paid and organic channels. For example, you might help us understand what types of headlines work best on which channels, and then work with the product team to build in a new CMS feature to match intended distribution with different headline variations. You should have a point of view on how we should prioritize newsletter subscribers, Facebook and Twitter followers, and visits to the site, and then be able to analyze the results of your strategy to support this view.
This position reports to the COO.
- Own The Outline’s top-line audience growth strategy, including:
- Owning social network campaigns to achieve various monthly goals
- Developing relationships with distribution partners to find relevant new audiences for The Outline
- SEO strategy
- Advocating for editorial process and product changes to help drive growth
- Closely monitor and nurture audience quality
- Continually surface and communicate insights about what is and what is not working so we can get better
What we are looking for:
- You have experience scaling a digital media audience across social platforms and owned and operated sites
- You have created and measured Facebook campaigns
- You have fostered relationships with distribution partners and have a strong sense of who would be right for The Outline
- You are comfortable operating across tech/edit/revenue
- You have a strong understanding of The Outline’s editorial sensibility
- You are quantitative and data driven
Independent Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.