The Outline is looking for a Sales Director to join our growing team. The role will be focused on acquiring and developing new accounts for our award-winning, innovative digital media property. Potential candidates should have a deep knowledge and understanding of digital advertising and the fast-moving markets in media and publishing.
Being industrious, smart, and hungry is far more important to this job than a having a thick rolodex, but you should come to the position with relationships and opportunities. If you’re an extroverted media nerd that happens to work in sales and you want to push yourself in a highly creative environment, ping us now.
- Work with existing lines of business and aggressively capture new opportunities
- Effectively communicate The Outline’s revolutionary value proposition to senior client and agency stakeholders
- Bring your thinking cap: because we’re a uniquely interdisciplinary team, you will have the ability to impact product development and creative strategies
- Be a real media junkie / nerd (love reading the trades, love the industry, love news... hate the direction most publishers go)
- Have a sense of scrappiness — we’re building something new from the ground up and we have to be agile
Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in media and/or publishing
- You’re fed up with working within the establishment (read: establishment can be old media, 'new' media, bad media, or b/ad tech)
- Killer email writing skills, killer phone skills... generally be good at communicating with human beings
- Knowledge and passion about The Outline and young / new media
- Be really good at computers
Independent Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.