Input is hiring paid editorial fellows. Fellows will work closely with editors and writers on staff, doing anything from copy editing and fact checking stories to curating and producing their own work on the site. Fellows at Input should be meticulous and accurate storytellers, voracious self-starters, and be ready to jump into reporting, writing, and administrative assignments.
You should feel comfortable coming up with fresh ideas for shorter reported pieces like this and curated story packages like this every day. We're ideally looking for candidates with deep (some might even say nerdy) knowledge about technology. Duties will include:
- Working on multiple small assignments per day, focused on tech and tech culture
- Pitching and brainstorming on the news of the day
- Taking on longer assignments (including reported and researched features)
- Assisting editors with research
- Working on card stories, audio, and other mixed media projects
We’re at an important time at our company, and are looking for enthusiastic people ready to hit the ground running and make cool, weird things at a new and exciting media business.
This position is based in New York City. We’re open to candidates seeking part-time or full-time fellowships.