Sr. Software Engineer
Who We Are:
We are a small, but mighty team with a mission to optimize tedious audio workflows in healthcare and improve the patient experience. At Birch.ai, we’re applying cutting edge, proprietary NLP techniques to build transformative healthcare solutions, starting with healthcare-related call center automation.
Our team is made up of experts in the AI, healthcare and startup software industries and have led efforts at companies like, FAIR, SparkCognition, BCG and McKinsey, Bain and Uber. As a spin out of the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence incubator, we truly value and understand the magnitude of applied AI to solve real-world problems. Our co-founder and CTO, Yinhan Liu is a pioneer in the NLP research space and was the lead author of multiple publications, including the groundbreaking paper, RoBERTa.
In this role, you will:
- Help lead, define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Develop and deploy Machine Learning models which run at scale with high performance and resource optimizations.
- Build highly scalable, functional and sustainable web applications from 0->1
- Collaborate with Front-end developers
- Provide training, help and support to other team members as we scale
- Stay current on new technologies and best practices
You may be a good fit, if you have:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of full-time experience, ideally in a startup environment or building something end-to-end from scratch
- Strong Python knowledge and hands on experience with one of these frameworks like Django, Flask, Falcon, FastAPI.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies - AWS/AZURE/GCP
- Familiarity with concepts and popular tools for dev ops, containerization, CICD.
- Working knowledge of ML/deep learning models
- Familiarity with front end frameworks is a plus – React, Angular
- Experience building and operating distributed systems on the cloud is a plus
- A strong product-oriented mindset
- Great communication skills
- A doer mentality in which you are comfortable working in autonomous environments
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive cash compensation and equity
- Visa Support, if needed
- Flexible working environment
- Health benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- The opportunity to build something from the ground up, define a new product and lead a team.
How to apply:
Please send an updated CV and any links to examples of your work (e.g. github, website or demo) to: email@example.com
Please title the subject of the email: Name - Software Engineer Applicant
A note about diversity:
We believe incorporating diverse viewpoints early on is key to building an inclusive culture and a transformative product. If you think you might have a diverse perspective to share, we're eager to hear it. We hope you'll apply.
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spinouts, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About the AI2 Incubator:
The AI2 Incubator helps entrepreneurs come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, refine their product, work with research paper authors to incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in venture funding. They have a strategic relationship with the Allen Institute for A.I.—a world-leading research institute with over 200 A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, and support staff—allowing them to dive deep into the latest tech and access one of the most talented groups of researchers.
Ready to get started?
Please complete the form below with your contact information, resume, and design portfolio. We hope to talk with you soon!