Research Engineer at Birch.ai
Who we are:
We are a small, but mighty team with a mission to optimize tedious audio workflows in healthcare and improve the patient experience. At Birch.ai, we’re applying cutting edge, proprietary NLP techniques to build transformative healthcare solutions, starting with healthcare-related call center automation.
Our founding team is made up of experts in the AI, healthcare and startup software industries and have led efforts at companies like, FAIR, SparkCognition, BCG and McKinsey. As a spin out of the Allen Institute for AI incubator, we truly value and understand the magnitude of applied AI to solve real-world problems. Our co-founder and CTO, Yinhan Liu is a pioneer in the NLP research space and has been the lead author of multiple publications, including the groundbreaking paper, RoBERTa.
In this role, you will:
- Leverage state-of-the-art algorithms in NLP
- Be at the forefront of deep learning research by staying on top of new literature and communicating advances in the field with our team
- Design and implement new techniques into production
- Develop techniques to optimize and improve model performance and inference
- Perform error analysis to improve models
- Build data pipelines to continuously improve model performance.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Prior experience of at least 2 years applying ML/DL in a production environment
- BS in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related fields. MS/PhD is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with PyTorch
- Familiarity with Fairseq/Transformer frameworks
- Candidates with publications/open source projects in the space are strongly preferred
- The ability to pass a rigorous coding interview
- A demonstrated passion for AI - Expertise in at least one of the following facets of ML/AI - Text summarization, Speech recognition, and Natural language understanding.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive cash compensation and equity
- Visa Support, if needed
- Flexible working environment
- Health benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- The opportunity to build something from the ground up, define a new product and lead a team
How to Apply:
Please send an updated CV and any links to your publications or examples of your work (e.g. github, website or demo) to: email@example.com
Please title the subject of the email: Name - Research Engineer Applicant
A note about diversity:
We believe incorporating diverse viewpoints early on is key to building an inclusive culture and a transformative product. If you think you might have a diverse perspective to share, we're eager to hear it. We hope you'll apply.
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spinouts, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About the AI2 Incubator:
The AI2 Incubator helps entrepreneurs come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, refine their product, work with research paper authors to incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in venture funding. They have a strategic relationship with the Allen Institute for A.I.—a world-leading research institute with over 200 A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, and support staff—allowing them to dive deep into the latest tech and access one of the most talented groups of researchers.
Ready to get started?
Please complete the form below with your contact information, resume, and design portfolio. We hope to talk with you soon!