Engineering Lead (Principal Engineer)
Who we are:
Yoodli is a private, personalized and AI powered speech coach. Our dream is to help people around the world improve their communication skills without feeling judged. We’ve raised $7M+ in seed funding from leading investors such as Madrona, AI2, Cercano and other industry experts. Our work has been featured in outlets including WSJ, Inc., and Geekwire. We recently announced a partnership with Toastmasters International to bring AI powered speech coaching to 300k+ members globally. We’re a mission focused and fast growing startup based out of the Allen AI Institute in Seattle. The team includes alumni from GoogleX, Apple, Meta, among others. Here’s a video describing our founding story. You can use the product live (and for free) at www.yoodli.ai
What we’re hoping you bring:
You believe in the mission and care deeply about helping people communicate better. We hope you’ll bring passion, empathy, and people skills and be a core part of our leadership team. You are a software generalist with experience architecting software stacks and leading cross functional engineering projects. The role is a leadership + IC role. You’ll be expected to code hands on to start and then manage people in the near future. You know how to balance speed of execution at a rapidly growing startup with technical robustness to plan for longer term stability. The role is hybrid - we would like you to be based in the Greater Seattle Area.
- 5+ years software architecture and development experience with at least 1-2 years of lead or principal responsibilities in a data-centric consumer platform
- Be able to maintain the foundation of the product: microservices, cloud infrastructure (GCP), developer operations (CI/CD), and data pipelines
- Strong intuition architecting, building, and scaling complex systems
- Collaborate closely with founders, head of design and have a high influence over the shape of the product, weighing in on tradeoffs with technical concerns
- Strong communication skills, humility, team-first-attitude and the ability to execute quickly
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Prior startup experience is strongly preferred (fewer than 50 employees)
- Experience building AI first platforms
- Experience working with audio/video systems (front end or back end)
What’s in it for you?
- Huge impact opportunity: Build and scale a company from the ground up
- Drive the tech vision in an extremely rich problem space that affects millions of people
- Competitive compensation: Equity opportunities at a venture-backed startup
- Work on a daily basis with the founding team and mentors including the CEO of AI2
- Join a fun, inclusive and highly motivated team culture (and help define it!)
How to Apply:
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Include links that best showcase your relevant experience (websites, GitHub repos)
More questions? Reach out at email@example.com
A note about diversity:
We believe incorporating diverse viewpoints early on is key to building an inclusive culture and a transformative product. If you think you might have a diverse perspective to share, we're eager to hear it. We hope you'll apply.
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spinouts, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About the AI2 Incubator:
The AI2 Incubator helps entrepreneurs come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, refine their product, work with research paper authors to incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in venture funding. They have a strategic relationship with the Allen Institute for A.I.—a world-leading research institute with over 200 A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, and support staff—allowing them to dive deep into the latest tech and access one of the most talented groups of researchers.
Ready to get started?
Please complete the form below with your contact information, resume, and design portfolio. We hope to talk with you soon!