Senior Mobile Engineer at Measure Labs
A portfolio company of the AI2 Incubator
Healthcare is quickly moving digital. Physicians are treating patients online more than ever, but they don’t have the patient vitals they need to do their job. We are an AI startup focused on unlocking the digital health revolution by making health measurement ubiquitous. Our products will turn your smartphone into a medical device, enabling the measurement of a multiple biomarkers using just the hardware already in your pocket. Our technology is based on cutting-edge research from some of the top AI for Health research labs in the world.
We are seeking a Senior Mobile Engineer to lead development for our suite of smartphone health sensing apps. In this role, you will work alongside world leaders in AI for healthcare to create innovative mobile products that measure important health metrics.
We would love for you to join us in making quality healthcare more accessible to patients around the globe.
To be successful in this role, it would help if you have:
- Enthusiasm for building tools that can meaningfully impact the healthcare industry
- Passion for well-architected and clean code
- Collaborative spirit and willingness to work closely with colleagues toward a shared goal
- Growth mindset and desire to continually improve your technical and non-technical skills
- Senior-level experience and BS or MS in computer science or related field
- 3-5+ years’ experience with iOS or Android development
- iOS: Expertise in programming in Swift, SwiftUI, Objective-C and using iOS frameworks
- Android: Expertise in programming in Java/Kotlin and using Android frameworks
- Experience building components for offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Proficient working with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services
- Strong understanding of UI/UX standards and mobile design principles/interface guidelines
- Experience with benchmarking performance and implementing optimization techniques
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
The following qualifications would be a plus:
- Experience developing for both native iOS and Android (instead of just 1 platform)
- Proficiency in deploying ML models in mobile apps including CoreML and TensorflowLite
- Experience with mobile game development and building interactive/animated widgets
- Experience working with device peripherals such as the camera for video capture
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity for huge impact – you will help build and scale a company from the ground up
- Growth and equity opportunities at a venture-backed startup
- Ability to collaborate daily with the founding team and core advisors including AI2 leadership
- Opportunity to start, build, and grow a team of mobile engineers
We believe incorporating diverse viewpoints is key to building an inclusive culture and a transformative product. If you think you might have a diverse perspective to share, we're eager to hear it. We hope you'll apply.
At Measure Labs, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal support opportunities are available to all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to the success of our team, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
About the AI2 Incubator:
The AI2 Incubator helps entrepreneurs come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, refine their product, work with research paper authors to incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in venture funding. They have a strategic relationship with the Allen Institute for A.I.—a world-leading research institute with over 200 A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, and support staff—allowing them to dive deep into the latest tech and access one of the most talented groups of researchers.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Please complete the form below with your contact information and we'll hope to talk with you soon. Any questions, please email email@example.com.