Senior Applied AI/ML Engineer at Augment AI
A portfolio company of the AI2 Incubator
Remember that feeling you get when technology amazes you? That first time you could browse the internet from your phone, have a car arrive at your doorstep, perhaps have a car park itself? There are only a few key technologies that will have that kind of impact on our lives, Artificial Intelligence being one of them. Many products today claim to be AI, but let's be frank, most of them are glorified clocks and speakers that aren’t actually that smart at all.
Our team has created products used by tens of millions, as well as built and sold companies. This time, we aren’t building just another “AI” – we’re building the future. And we’re looking for a Senior Applied AI/ML Engineer to help build that future with us!
So, what are you looking for? An opportunity to own and build something BIG.
Who are we looking for? A software pioneer who will join us in building that BIG, highly personal, AI-forward product that will unlock the future of human potential and make us all smarter and a lot more productive. We recently closed 3.5MM in Seed funding and are heads-down building while in stealth mode.
What Will You Be Doing?
AI is at the core of our product. You’ll apply bleeding-edge research and AI tools to build out and scale production models to solve real user problems. You’ll get to explore fields of AI research in an applied context that have a ton of exciting value but don’t get much attention due to a general lack of access to rich data – which Augment uniquely has. You’ll work closely with and be supported by great systems engineers who can help build the infrastructure to support your work.
As a senior engineer, you’ll be helping tackle some of our hardest problems while scaling within a culture of engineering excellence. You’ll be joining on the ground floor alongside an experienced core team that has built and scaled several cloud-based backend architectures to millions of users and transactions. You'll help define our systems architecture, engineering roadmap, and personally build out foundational components that power Augment. You’ll be empowered to take ownership, make decisions and get things done.
In short: you’ll build some incredible things from the ground up, on an exclusive, capable team, all the while challenging yourself, learning, growing and becoming something more, along with us.
What Are We Looking For? Someone who …
- Takes pride in doing a lot with a little
- Takes ownership and gets things done
- Learns and masters new skills quickly
- Thrives on ambiguity and risk
- Cares about craftsmanship
- Obsessive about the details
- Disciplined and organized
What Have You Got?
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with a spread of state-of-the-art machine learning approaches (regression, classification, clustering, time-series) - not just looking at every problem as a nail
- Experience tuning, validating, optimizing, visualizing, and debugging models
- Experience with some common AI libraries: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, spaCy
- Early-stage startup experience is strongly preferred
- Bonus: experience with Ruby
What Will We Do For You?
- Give you a front row seat to the future
- Respect you as a human being, in all your creative glory
- Provide you with a steady supply of challenges
- Support you in your growth
- Provide you the latest and greatest Mac
- Give you awesome 100% covered healthcare + dental + vision
- Support your future with our 401(k) and life insurance package
- Give you a fully paid-for membership to an exclusive Seattle Athletic Club
- Reimburse public transportation costs
- Provide access to Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- And of course, as a valued member of our team… you’ll be offered stock options!
Who Are We?
We have an extensive track record building startup companies from 0 to scale, successfully bringing over a dozen products to market. We have an audacious yet achievable plan to deliver true intelligence to all devices and apps, and we’ve been building cloud-based platforms since 1999 and AI products since 2002 – leveraging literally decades of relevant experience as we swing for the fences on this worthy mission.
We believe that a great culture and team is the bedrock of our company’s success. What makes a team fundamentally great is not skills, but rather its values compatibility, communication skills, and group dynamics. Our interview process reflects this belief – we always evaluate culture compatibility first by spending time understanding the human you, while sharing the human us, in service to a great fit for all.
We have a pretty sweet office located in sunny Seattle, but the team is composed of a phenomenal group of people spread all around the world. Remote, hybrid, or in-office – it all works for us.
If this sounds like your kind of jam, please apply!
Augment is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the AI2 Incubator:
The AI2 Incubator helps entrepreneurs come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, refine their product, work with research paper authors to incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in venture funding. They have a strategic relationship with the Allen Institute for A.I.—a world-leading research institute with over 200 A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, and support staff—allowing them to dive deep into the latest tech and access one of the most talented groups of researchers.