We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design and the art of programming, and can take a design concept and bring it to life through elegant code.
You will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, through translating the UI/UX design wire frames to actual code that will define how the application look as well as how it works.
A Senior Front-End Engineer is generally expected to:
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications.
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages, and create quality mock-ups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Create CSS that are consistent across different browsers and platforms
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Develop new user-facing features, and promote usability best practices
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Deliver best-in-class HTML5/CSS3/JQuery/JavaScrip front-end code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects.
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Understand when mobile web apps are appropriate as opposed to native applications. • Have experience in:
- CSS systems such as LESS and SASS to compile style files
- Subversion or other version control system
- Standards-compliant code
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions.
- Understand agile methodology and instill best practices into the process.
- Work with product owners, design team, back-end developers, and project managers and manage time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related discipline (preferred but not required). Minimum 2+ years in a front-end development position.