InCloudCounsel is seeking a Data Engineer to join our data team and help us redefine the way contracts are negotiated and tracked, and the way attorneys can work and live. InCloudCounsel modernizes legal processes, globally, for many of the world's leading companies. We offer scalable, end-to-end solutions for processing routine contracts and abstracting complex documents by pairing our worldwide network of experienced lawyers with AI-enabled software. We also offer the first purpose-built software tool designed to help funds manage their obligations.
As a Data Engineer, you will implement data pipelines, data infrastructure and python SDKs in support of product initiatives. Collaborating with product and engineering teams, you will translate other teams’ requirements into actionable engineering solutions with a focus on rapid iteration.
Our data platform is nascent, and you are excited by the opportunity that accompanies this. New tooling around automation and data processing will help our ML and analytics teams build out InCloudCounsel’s legal intelligence services. Great communication -- both written and verbal, tailored to both engineers and business stakeholders -- is key to success in this role.
The role will report directly to and receive mentorship from our Director of Data Infrastructure, and the package includes a competitive base salary, equity, and full benefits. The preferred location for this role is San Francisco.*
*Until further notice, all InCloudCounsel employees are working remotely from home.
- Develop, implement and maintain data pipelines and data processing code to support product features
- Create new data sets and tooling to help ML and analytics teams uncover insights and develop NLP-based solutions to legal tech problems
- Support usage and maintenance of our data infrastructure (i.e., AWS stack, Snowflake, Airflow)
- Champion efforts to enforce data governance, quality and security across the organization
- 3-5 years of experience in data engineering
- Fluency in SQL and python and proven ability to ship flexible, maintainable code
- Experience developing and productionizing complex data processing pipelines
- Comfort using AWS tooling and experience maintaining modern data infrastructure (warehousing, job scheduling)
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills and ability to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
- Familiarity with data governance frameworks and Agile methodology
- Previous experience developing ML pipelines is a plus
- Interest in legal tech is a plus
About the team: We’re all about freedom. InCloudCounsel is on a mission to free companies from outdated legal processes and corporate lawyers from outdated work models. We’re a group of former Big Law lawyers, business professionals, and engineers working together to modernize the legal industry. The people behind developing our product, servicing our customers and lawyer partners, and driving our business operations are dynamic individuals who have also achieved the freedom to do what’s important to them - they’re musicians, dancers, photographers, sailors, surfers, world travelers, home flippers, and animal lovers - and our freedom inspires us to free others.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K, pre-tax benefits
- Parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Annual professional development stipend
- Remote work flexibility
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
NOTE to External Agencies: We are not accepting any blind submissions or resumes from recruitment agencies. Any resumes sent to a member of InCloudCounsel will NOT be accepted or considered as a submission.