InCloudCounsel is seeking a Data Analyst to join our data team and help us redefine the way contracts are negotiated and tracked, and the way attorneys can work and live. InCloudCounsel modernizes legal processes, globally, for many of the world's leading companies. We offer scalable, end-to-end solutions for processing routine contracts and abstracting complex documents by pairing our worldwide network of experienced lawyers with AI-enabled software. We also offer the first purpose-built software tool designed to help funds manage their obligations.
As a Data Analyst, you will play a pioneering role on our data team by helping uncover valuable insights and analyses from our legal product data sets. You will have immediate exposure to product and business metrics: how they are defined, evaluated and adopted for driving our business forward. You will work closely with data leadership and product and business stakeholders to perform analyses required to support these metrics. Great communication -- both through the visual presentation of insights and through verbal and written reporting on your work -- is key to success in this role.
The role will report directly to and receive mentorship from our Director of Data, and the package includes a competitive base salary, equity, and full benefits. The company has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, London, and Hong Kong. The preferred locations for this role are San Fransisco, Los Angeles, and New York.*
*Until further notice, all InCloudCounsel employees are working remotely from home.
- Build deep understanding of InCloudCounsel's datasets and answer questions using SQL to deliver insights to product and business teams
- Perform statistical analyses and create informative data visualizations using Redash, Looker, and python libraries to support key product initiatives
- Collaborate with product to develop metrics and dashboards that support company objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Provide guidance to stakeholders on how to use data in decision making
- Experience manipulating data sets and choosing the right data visualizations to inform business decision making
- Fluency in SQL (can construct complex joins, filters and aggregations to appropriately answer questions of the data) and familiarity with querying databases
- Experience using a scripting language (python, R, etc.) in analytical work, with a desire to build expertise in python
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills and ability to effectively collaborate with functional leadership across the organization
- A strong attention to detail and a well-reasoned sense of skepticism toward the results of analyses
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in a STEM or quantitative social science field preferred
- Familiarity with a business intelligence tool like Looker or Tableau preferred
- Interest in legal tech is a plus
About the team: We’re all about freedom. InCloudCounsel is on a mission to free companies from outdated legal processes and corporate lawyers from outdated work models. We’re a group of former Big Law lawyers, business professionals, and engineers working together to modernize the legal industry. The people behind developing our product, servicing our customers and lawyer partners, and driving our business operations are dynamic individuals who have also achieved the freedom to do what’s important to them - they’re musicians, dancers, photographers, sailors, surfers, world travelers, home flippers, and animal lovers - and our freedom inspires us to free others.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K, pre-tax benefits
- Parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Annual professional development stipend
- Remote work flexibility
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
NOTE to External Agencies: We are not accepting any blind submissions or resumes from recruitment agencies. Any resumes sent to a member of InCloudCounsel will NOT be accepted or considered as a submission.