InCloudCounsel is seeking our first ever Director, Security Operations. InCloudCounsel modernizes legal processes, globally, for many of the world's leading companies. We offer scalable, end-to-end solutions for processing routine contracts and abstracting complex documents by pairing our worldwide network of experienced lawyers with AI-enabled software. We also offer the first purpose-built software tool designed to help funds manage their obligations.
The Director, Security Operations will play a pivotal role in building InCloudCounsel's SecOps function by shaping foundational SecOps procedures, processes, and systems, and by establishing a culture of security across the InCloudCounsel organization.
The Security Operations Engineer will report directly to the CTO of InCloudCounsel and will receive a competitive compensation package. The preferred location for this role is San Francisco or Los Angeles.*
*Until further notice, all InCloudCounsel employees are working remotely from home.
- Design and build InCloudCounsel's SecOps architecture and infrastructure
- Select and implement a SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) solution for the company
- Ensure that InCloudCounsel is SOC 2 Type 2 certified on an annual basis
- Oversee annual penetration and security reviews and promptly address any findings
- Build and execute an effective security onboarding process for the company's employees, contractors, and customers
- Identify attack vectors and develop a mitigation tactics playbook
- Create SecOps content and training to educate the organization on security awareness and best practices; develop training based on holistic SecOps strategy/plan
- Thoroughly investigate all security alerts and reports to ensure the integrity of systems
- 5+ years' experience in similar or related role
- Passion for SecOps
- Professional security certifications are a plus
- Strong understanding of network and application security, common attack vectors, and mitigation tactics
- Experience managing external security vendors
- Experience selecting and rolling out SEIM solutions
- Experience with forensics and incident response
- Basic understanding of computer networks
- Experience working with cross-functional leadership to achieve security goals (especially in product and engineering functions)
- Experience facilitating SecOps training on a company-wide level
About the Team: We’re all about freedom. InCloudCounsel is on a mission to free companies from outdated legal processes and corporate lawyers from outdated work models. We’re a group of former Big Law lawyers, business professionals, and engineers working together to modernize the legal industry. The people behind developing our product, servicing our customers and lawyer partners, and driving our business operations are dynamic individuals who have also achieved the freedom to do what’s important to them - they’re musicians, dancers, photographers, sailors, surfers, world travelers, home flippers, and animal lovers - and our freedom inspires us to free others.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Annual professional development stipend
- Office perks including lunch and snacks
- Remote work flexibility
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
NOTE to External Agencies: We are not accepting any blind submissions or resumes from recruitment agencies. Any resumes sent to a member of InCloudCounsel will NOT be accepted or considered as a submission.