InCloudCounsel is seeking a Business Development Associate to join our rapidly growing company. InCloudCounsel modernizes legal processes, globally, for many of the world's leading companies. We offer scalable, end-to-end solutions for processing routine contracts and abstracting complex documents by pairing our worldwide network of experienced lawyers with AI-enabled software. We also offer the first purpose-built software tool designed to help funds manage their obligations. The Business Development Associate will be an integral and valued player in the Sales team’s overall success, with a particular focus on outbound and prospecting activities. The Business Development Associate will also work cross-functionally to provide support to the Marketing and Sales Operations functions.
The Business Development Associate’s primary focus will be managing and executing multi-channel prospecting campaigns (e.g., direct mail, email, and LinkedIn) and performing research in support of these efforts. Additionally, the Business Development Associate will provide other critical support to our sales efforts, including strategizing with the sales directors on outbound processes, sourcing and creating lists of account and contact information, coordinating meetings and calls for the Sales team with prospective clients, managing gifting processes for prospects and clients, keeping Salesforce up-to-date, liaising with and managing relevant vendors and contractors, and having a valued role in developing and improving upon our sales processes.
The role will report directly to our Business Development Manager and the package includes a competitive base salary and benefits. The company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, London, and Hong Kong; the preferred location for this role is New York, Los Angeles, or San Francisco.*
*Until further notice, all InCloudCounsel employees are working remotely from home.
- Sales operations: coordinate business development team meetings, pitch activities, and outbound campaigns by managing several calendars, external resources, and efficiency tools
- Data management: ensure data accuracy by entering new sales data, and by maintaining and updating Salesforce
- Meeting preparation: help prepare for client meetings, sales pitches, presentations, sales decks, and other materials as needed
- Campaign execution: help execute sales outreach, support Sales Directors in meetings, and manage follow-up activity to ensure smooth and consistent communication with prospects
- Research: support lead generation by conducting research and helping the sales team curate prospect lists
- Sales projects: manage key action items and ad hoc requests for business development needs
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience: 2+ years of professional work experience required, preferably in a sales, marketing, or executive assistant role
- Attention to detail: ability to review and edit emails and written materials for consistency and recommend revisions; you are a stickler for punctuation and grammar and can be a go-to proofreading resource
- Efficiency: you prefer to work in a fast-paced environment; you have excellent time-management skills, and can prioritize tasks appropriately
- Organization: you are process-orientated and are comfortable creating and maintaining systems upon which others rely; you meticulously maintain trackers and processes
- Communication: you are comfortable communicating with senior stakeholders across various forms of communication; you are clear, concise and know when to ask for help
- Writing skills: you are an excellent writer with the ability to create compelling messaging and value prop positioning across a variety of audiences; the idea of writing creatively to persuade prospects to meet with us is exciting to you
- Intellectual curiosity: you have the desire and ability to rapidly learn about, and deeply understand, new industries and the pain points of our target customers
- Team player: others can consistently rely on you and on the quality of your work; you are motivated by not only your own success but also the success of others
- Technical: you have prior experience in Excel, Salesforce, and/or Outreach (or other similar sales engagement tools), and/or you enjoy learning new skills quickly; you have managed and executed broad outreach campaigns
About the Team: We’re all about freedom. InCloudCounsel is on a mission to free companies from outdated legal processes and corporate lawyers from outdated work models. We’re a group of former Big Law lawyers, business professionals, and engineers working together to modernize the legal industry. The people behind developing our product, servicing our customers and lawyer partners, and driving our business operations are dynamic individuals who have also achieved the freedom to do what’s important to them - they’re musicians, dancers, photographers, sailors, surfers, world travelers, home flippers, and animal lovers - and our freedom inspires us to free others.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K, pre-tax benefits
- Parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Annual professional development stipend
- Remote work flexibility
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
NOTE to External Agencies: We are not accepting any blind submissions or resumes from recruitment agencies. Any resumes sent to a member of InCloudCounsel will NOT be accepted or considered as a submission.