At Inceptive, we don't have titles. Instead of topic experts working in silos, we are building an antedisciplinary team where everyone is gaining deep knowledge outside of their traditional area of expertise. For this reason, we call ourselves Beginners.
At Inceptive, you will drive research forward that could help billions of people. To accomplish this, you will be part of a collaborative, antedisciplinary team building our biological software. You will be responsible for the development of novel high-throughput assays in both pooled and arrayed format for measuring various properties of RNA. You will port these methodologies to automated platforms in collaboration with the team. Finally, you will be responsible for maintaining detailed notes and developing standard operating procedures while ensuring effective data acquisition.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it
- Develop and implement high-throughput, multiplexed assays to measure RNA performance in pooled or arrayed formats on automated platforms
- Embody our vision of an antedisciplinary environment and embrace learning outside of your traditional area of expertise.
- Collaborate with team members from diverse backgrounds to build innovative and scalable experiments to solve complex problems that span biology and computation.
- M.Sc., Ph.D., or 1-4+ years of industry experience in immunology or related fields
- Demonstrated experience building and optimizing multiplexed pooled and/or arrayed high-throughput assays in mammalian cells
- Problem-solver who is equally excited by finding creative solutions to complex problems as you are by executing on them.
- Ability to communicate technical and scientific concepts to team members from a broad variety of backgrounds.
- Be available to accommodate working with team members across different time zones (mainly in CET). This may include being available for some meetings in the early morning.
Preferred technical skills
- Solid foundation of molecular and cellular biology (RNA biology is a plus)
- A good understanding of next-generation sequencing platforms and technologies (RNA-seq, ribosome profiling, illumina and nanopore sequencing)
- Experience in sequencing library generation for both short- and long-read technologies
- Experience in mammalian tissue culture (immortalized and primary cells) and associated methods (e.g. transfections, cell-line engineering)
- Experience with flow cytometry, cytometric bead arrays, ELISAs, and related technologies for assessing immunological responses
- Ability to write and follow standard-operating procedures
$100K – $200K + Bonus + Equity
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Comprehensive health insurance and 401K with company match (US) or comparable benefits if based in other countries
- Quarterly company-wide retreats
- Budget for multiple visits per year to our offices in Berlin and/or in Palo Alto
- Learning & Development budget to attend conferences, take courses, or otherwise invest in your professional growth, as well as access to the Learning & Development platform EdX
- A buddy to help you get settled
At Inceptive, we are creating tools to develop increasingly powerful biological software for the rational design of novel, broadly accessible medicines and biotechnologies previously out of reach. Our team brings together vast expertise in molecular biology, machine learning, and software engineering, and we are all working towards becoming antedisciplinary, meaning we deepen the knowledge we have in our area of expertise while also expanding our knowledge of completely new fields.
We approach our goals with a beginner's mind, humbly and with fresh eyes, and aim to become the pioneers of a new discipline rooted in biology as much as in deep learning, whose impact will be realized together with out-of-the-box thinkers in business and entrepreneurship, defying established categorizations. We are building a company culture centered around growth, learning, and discovery. We believe in humility and open-mindedness in how we approach each other, as well as problems we don't yet have solutions for.
It is the policy of Inceptive to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Inceptive prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Inceptive is also committed to welcoming and providing accommodations to people with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need any accommodations throughout your application process.