At Inceptive, we don't have titles. Instead of topic experts working in silos, we are building an antedisciplinary team where everyone is gaining deep knowledge outside of their traditional area of expertise. For this reason, we call ourselves Beginners.
At Inceptive, you will drive research forward that could help billions of people. To accomplish this, you will be part of a collaborative, antedisciplinary team building our biological software.
Our team needs individuals with experience in finance, compliance, people and culture, and administration to support and educate us in these areas. You understand your area of expertise deeply, yet seek learn more both in and outside of it. You cannot wait to do things differently and better than how they are commonly done.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it
- Develop, communicate, and implement processes to support a high-growth team, located in 5+ countries.
- Implement strong project management skills to create structure and improve efficiency for administrative work.
- Experience or know-how in any of the following (or a combination):
- facilities management
- communication and marketing
- human resources
- Embody our vision of an antedisciplinary environment and embrace learning about areas outside your traditional expertise.
- Collaborate with team members from diverse backgrounds to build innovative and scalable work solutions, specifically in the Operations organization and for the company.
- Have an openness to do things differently and a Beginner's Mindset that keeps you learning and creativity to build a unique work environment and team at Inceptive.
- Ability and eagerness to zoom-in and out to understand the big picture, find creative solutions to complex problems, and drive projects end-to-end on the ground, taking responsibility for the execution.
- Deep knowledge in your area(s) of expertise with a strong eagerness to connect with and apply them in other areas.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitudes with team members from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Availability to accommodate working with team members across different time zones (mainly in CET and PT) and different locations. This may include being available for some early or late meetings and readiness to travel several times a year for company retreats and business events.
- Experience in working in a startup or fast-paced environment, where ownership is key and navigating ambiguity is second nature.
- Knowledge of the industries around RNA-based biotechnology and/or machine learning, or the startup scene.
- A growth mindset and strategic thinking.
$100K – $200K + Bonus + Equity
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Comprehensive health insurance and 401K with company match (US) or comparable benefits if based in other countries
- Quarterly company-wide retreats
- Budget for multiple visits per year to our offices in Berlin and/or in Palo Alto
- Learning & Development budget to attend conferences, take courses, or otherwise invest in your professional growth, as well as access to the Learning & Development platform EdX
- A buddy to help you get settled
At Inceptive, we are creating tools to develop increasingly powerful biological software for the rational design of novel, broadly accessible medicines and biotechnologies previously out of reach. Our team brings together vast expertise in molecular biology, machine learning, and software engineering, and we are all working towards becoming antedisciplinary, meaning we deepen the knowledge we have in our area of expertise while also expanding our knowledge of completely new fields.
We approach our goals with a beginner's mind, humbly and with fresh eyes, and aim to become the pioneers of a new discipline rooted in biology as much as in deep learning, whose impact will be realized together with out-of-the-box thinkers in business and entrepreneurship, defying established categorizations. We are building a company culture centered around growth, learning, and discovery. We believe in humility and open-mindedness in how we approach each other, as well as problems we don't yet have solutions for.
It is the policy of Inceptive to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Inceptive prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Inceptive is also committed to welcoming and providing accommodations to people with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need any accommodations throughout your application process.