At Inceptive, we don't have titles. Instead of topic experts working in silos, we are building an antedisciplinary team where everyone is gaining deep knowledge outside of their traditional area of expertise. For this reason, we call ourselves Beginners.
At Inceptive, you will drive research forward that could help billions of people. To accomplish this, you will be part of a collaborative, antedisciplinary team building our biological software.
We are looking for an exceptional and motivated individual to join our business development team.
You will be joining a dynamic and agile team, set to execute on our mission and capitalize on scientific, business and strategic opportunities. Your mission will be focused to identify new business opportunities, build and nurture relationships and contribute to the successful implementation of Inceptive’s business strategy.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it
- Identify and source new business opportunities through market research, networking, and by building business relationships to expand Inceptive’s network
- Manage a pipeline of deals, and contribute to the deal process, including participation in deal negotiations
- Prepare documents and presentations to senior management to help drive decision-making through the deal process
- Lead scientific and strategic assessments and cross-functional due diligence reviews
- Travel to industry events, scientific or business oriented
- Masters in science, ideally with a background in biologics, genetic medicines or deep learning methods applied to drug development
- 3 years of business development in drug development industry, with pharma, biotech or VC
- Proven ability to work in a fast pace environment as part of a team, apprehend business concepts relevant to the bioindustry, and manage multiple projects effectively
- Deep understanding of the drug discovery, development and commercialization process, and demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with R&D and business teams
- Good business instincts and fluency with business analytics and valuation methodologies
- Outstanding oral and written communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Be available to accommodate working with team members across different time zones (mainly in PST)
$100K – $200K + Bonus + Equity
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Comprehensive health insurance and 401K with company match (US) or comparable benefits if based in other countries
- Quarterly company-wide retreats
- Budget for multiple visits per year to our offices in Berlin and/or in Palo Alto
- Learning & Development budget to attend conferences, take courses, or otherwise invest in your professional growth, as well as access to the Learning & Development platform EdX
- A buddy to help you get settled
At Inceptive, we are creating tools to develop increasingly powerful biological software for the rational design of novel, broadly accessible medicines and biotechnologies previously out of reach. Our team brings together vast expertise in molecular biology, machine learning, and software engineering, and we are all working towards becoming antedisciplinary, meaning we deepen the knowledge we have in our area of expertise while also expanding our knowledge of completely new fields.
We approach our goals with a beginner's mind, humbly and with fresh eyes, and aim to become the pioneers of a new discipline rooted in biology as much as in deep learning, whose impact will be realized together with out-of-the-box thinkers in business and entrepreneurship, defying established categorizations. We are building a company culture centered around growth, learning, and discovery. We believe in humility and open-mindedness in how we approach each other, as well as problems we don't yet have solutions for.
It is the policy of Inceptive to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Inceptive prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Inceptive is also committed to welcoming and providing accommodations to people with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need any accommodations throughout your application process.