Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 270 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Role...
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Corporate Paralegal/Legal Assistant to join our growing legal team. The Corporate Paralegal/Legal Assistant will assist with contract management, maintaining corporate records and files, administer the company legal management system, maintaining corporate entities in good standing, managing vendors. This person contributes to the high performance and success of the legal function by ensuring continuity and improvement in the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the contracting process, including implementing an internal and external agreement execution process. The Corporate Paralegal/Legal Assistant will be an integral member of a cross-functional and collaborative team in a dynamic growth environment.
As Corporate Paralegal/Legal Assistant, You Will...
- Oversee the contract management process, including tracking, negotiation, approval, and signature processes
- Maintain contract management database
- Manage a variety of documents in a variety of legal fields for a science based, high-tech biotechnology company
- Draft and implement standard nondisclosure and testing agreements, as well as assisting with the implementation of contract obligations, including record keeping and management of third-party reports related to agreements, as well as renewal and extensions of agreements.
- Be the liaison with all of the various corporate groups, such Legal, Commercial, R&D, Operations, and all levels of management
- Assist Attorneys with drafting and circulating approval forms for agreement execution
- Assist with Agreement Appendix for agreement preparation
- Assist with management of records
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate
- Previous corporate or law firm paralegal experience
- Outstanding organization, attention to detail, execution, and follow-through, as well as ability to work under pressure and multitask
- An “ownership” approach to tasks and projects
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills; must have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A love of learning about new technology and the biotechnology industry
- Outstanding writing skill
- Strong Experience and understanding of various technology platforms, such as Google and Microsoft suites of tools, Slack the like as well as being comfortable with various database platforms and interfaces