Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 270 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role....
The Greenhouse Assistant will work in a controlled environment facility and support team members by contributing to all aspects of the workload. This position desires an open-minded and agile individual to join our fast-growing and collaborative team. This position will support our efforts in plant growth, seed processing, soil and pot preparation, sampling, and facility maintenance in a manner that contributes to team success. This position will participate in weekend coverage throughout the year. The candidate must enjoy a rapid paced atmosphere and be flexible, show initiative, and good judgment to achieve established goals and deliverables. This position is based in West Lafayette, IN.
As a Greenhouse Assistant you will…
- Agility to support and perform all cropping activities between planting to processing seeds
- Transplant, irrigate, fertilize, prune, harvest, sample and devitalize plants in a production-scale environment
- Maintain a clean greenhouse environment to support robust plant growth
- Assist soilless media mixing, filling pots and fertilizers required in the production pipeline
- Assist in any activities assigned to support team members and deliver quality materials
- Identify disease and insect pests and notify appropriate stakeholders
- Assist in data collection and recording for plant health and trait characterization projects
- Maintain detailed, accurate, and comprehensive records of all tasks performed
- Learn and apply all regulatory, stewardship, quality management systems, and environmental, health and safety requirements
- Degree preferred: Associate Science degree with relevant experience or Bachelor of Science in agronomy, horticulture and related fields
- Willingness to work during weekends and select Holidays
- Ability to work in adverse greenhouse environments
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis, and to function in physical positions such as walking, turning, twisting, reaching or squatting
- Strong time-management skills
- Focused attention to detail, ownership, and execution of assigned tasks
- Effective communication skills and collaborative approach, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Adaptability and ability to thrive in a constantly changing work environment
- Experience with corn, soybeans, or wheat
- Experience in field or controlled environments
- Experience working with Microsoft or Google software and ARGUS control systems
- Excellent communications skills and the desire to work in a team environment