Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role....
You will be responsible for visualizing the genomics/molecular data from different databases and flat files. This role reports to the Early Product Development Data Analytics Lead and can be based out of Cambridge, MA or West Lafayette, IN.
As a Bioinformatics Data Visualization Intern, you will…
- Design new data visualization interface/methods to help bench and computational scientists understand and explore large scale multi-omic experiments
- Create interactive data visualization interfaces to explore data from diverse tin-house data systems.
- Collaborate with bench and computational scientists to understand the need and collaborate with engineering team to design and implement the system
- Graduate or PhD student in Bioinformatics/Computational Biology or related field (Required)
- Experience in design and implementation of modern data visualization systems and experience with data analysis and visualization in Python and/or R
- Experience with Linux/Unix and command line programming
- Experience with AWS will be a plus.
- Experience with databases and writing queries will be a plus
- Experience with data visualization softwares like Tableau and Spotfire will be a plus. .
- Ability to start in May and work through August 11, 2023
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure.
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.