Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 270 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role....
We are looking for a self-motivated Sampling Assistant to support all projects within the early product development team. This is a hands-on, lab-based role which requires the ability to work efficiently and troubleshoot. The right candidate will be well-organized, detail oriented, flexible, and able to deliver high quality results on time.
As a Sampling Assistant, you will…
- Sample tissue culture plants created by the Plant Delivery team across multiple crops and deliver samples (plant tissue) to the Molecular & Genomic Analysis Team
- Provide quality plant care to enable the transfer of characterized plants from the lab to the controlled environment space on a weekly basis
- Maintain a clean working environment in the lab and plant growth chambers for plant tissue sampling and plant care
- Collaborate with team members to troubleshoot and develop effective solutions when problems occur
- Maintain accurate, comprehensible, and current laboratory records in databases and notebooks
- Associates or Bachelor’s in Plant Biology or a related subject
- Experience with plant care of soybean, maize, wheat
- Experience with aseptic technique in laminar flow and biocontainment hoods
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organization, and execution skills
- Ability to develop and optimize protocols
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Mail, Docs, Slides, Sheets and Drive) and cloud-based electronic notebook software like Benchling
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Curiosity, desire to continuously learn and have a meaningful impact
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks
- A collaborative approach, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- An interest in science and/or agriculture
- Knowledge of Molecular Biology