Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 270 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role…
We are looking for an experienced and strategic Sr. IT Business Relationship Manager (BRM) to join our team in Cambridge, MA. The primary function of this position is to serve as a strategic IT business partner who shares ownership for both business strategy and business value results. The Sr. BRM works to identify ways in which the BRM function can support and advance business objectives within IT and deliver value.
In this role, the Sr. BRM works as a key change agent who understands, refines, and drives standardization and strategic alignment with IT, along with managing ideas through enhancements or projects using established ITIL processes and tools across the Enterprise. This individual will align business strategies with IT system/service deployments to ensure IT priorities are consistent with Inari’s strategic goals and objectives.
As a Sr. BRM you will…
- Work with business process owners, understand, recommend refinement, and promote standardization of processes and technology.
- Passionately advocate the Inari IT mission for common business processes and technologies across business units and functions.
- Meet with Management to provide short-term focused consultations on common organizational, systems, processes, and change-related challenges.
- Conduct business and IT capability mapping exercises that help to guide where to invest.
- Document, analyze, and organize requirements, specifications, and changes to business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Support the user community by building an understanding of business models, organization, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Communicate effectively with IT and business stakeholders to identify business needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen business relationships.
- Act as a liaison between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Foster cross-functional communication enabling quality, highly integrated end to end process and solutions.
- Educate the user community on IT work that will impact them both directly and indirectly.
- Work directly with IT team to ensure commitments are met and services are delivered reliably and predictably.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Admin, Information Technology, or related field of study required
- 7-10 years' related business relationship management experience in a trusted IT advisor role
- Understanding of common IT processes and technologies required
- Prior experience with ITIL processes
- BRM certifications are nice to have
- Ability to identify strategic priorities and direction in complex and ambiguous circumstances.
- Avid collaborator with strong communication and consultation skills
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- A strong sense of purpose to drive and develop high-impact solutions
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally