Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 270 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Role...
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled technical systems administrative professional to be part of a growing Finance team. This is an opportunity for a candidate who is hands-on, looking to make an impact on processes and procedures, and capable of taking on increased responsibility as the Company continues to grow. The candidate will be detail oriented and a team player.
This position will report to our Controller and will collaborate with finance team members to support day-to-day financial operations, maintenance, support, troubleshooting and continuous improvement of Financial systems. This position will be responsible for many aspects of the Finance applications including Netsuite OneWorld and Adaptive. Additionally, this position will closely work with a variety of other internal departments.
As Finance Systems Administrator you will...
- Administer and configure finance systems applications including Netsuite Oneworld, Prendio, MineralTree, Adaptive, Expensify, ADP and other Financial Systems as required.
- Perform day-to-day operations, maintenance, support, and troubleshooting of Finance applications, acting as the primary contact for users working closely with our IT department.
- Oversee user administration including assignment of user access roles and permissions, performing periodic user access reviews, and considering potential segregation of duties conflicts while performing user access reviews.
- Plan, review, and manage customizations such as workflows, entry forms, transactions forms, dashboards and system upgrades while ensuring these changes are appropriately tested and approved before moving forward to production.
- Manage customizations for the advanced inventory, quality and CRM modules.
- Maintain, build, and support custom and out of the box connectors with third-party platforms.
- Support finance team in development of customized reporting and saved searches to meet internal and external requirements.
- Engage with team and cross-functional business partners regarding business strategy and objectives for automating and optimizing financial processes.
- Partner with IT and other business partners in development of system policies and procedures, including documentation and oversight of system controls.
- Analyze system performance and meet regularly with business partners to ensure that the financial applications are functioning as designed and supporting their needs.
- Identify, suggest, and implement technology solutions to optimize system performance.
- Ensure compliance with internal IT General Controls in user provisioning, roles setup, system monitoring, change management, and developing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Provide audit support including system reconciliations, generating reports, developing documentation, and performing completeness and accuracy checks.
- Develop and manage project plans for software implementations and application upgrades.
- Develop training materials and coordinate and conduct training with new users.
- Manage assigned projects that improve the ability to make better data focused insights or make the company more efficient.
- Perform special purpose or ad-hoc projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Management Information Systems.
- 3+ years experience in Systems Administrator role (Netsuite ERP administration experience is preferred).
- System implementation and integration experience with different platforms.
- Experience with ERP systems in writing reports, saved searches, dashboards, and workflows.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the ERP capabilities including item records and inventory management, customer master, supplier master, purchasing, receiving, order management, invoicing and shipping.
- Detailed understanding of common understanding of core finance business processes (accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial reporting, general ledger, purchasing and fulfillment, invoicing, taxes, payroll, expense tracking, multi-currency).
- Understanding of accounting principles and experience communicating with internal and external audit functions.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience in the design, documentation and testing of IT General Controls.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative and growing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.